Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Granvia Forum

nige1912

where has the old granvia forum gone , just as i need more info site has gone i suddenly feel alone!

• 2 weeks later...

where has the old granvia forum gone , just as i need more info site has gone i suddenly feel alone!

Just done the same. I didn't go on that often as there wasn't that much activity, so I would just go on every few months to see if anything new had cropped up. I guess a lot of others were doing the same and the guys who ran it just gave up. It just goes to enforce the old adage, If you've got something good, use it before you lose it.

Gone!!!! the forum has gone! I need help. My local Toyota Garage seems a little confused as to the appearance of an "alien" form of transport. I have tried to explain to them at length that it is a 3 Litre turbo diesel motor and not some exotic Zero point energy drive. What I need to know is service intervals and what needs to be done at specific mileage points. Any help wold be greatly appreciated.

T.I.A. Frank

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the service intervals are:

Oil change every 5,000 KMs,

Air and fuel filter and Oil and filter change every 10,000 KMs

Cam belt change every 100,000 KMs

I'm not sure about when the auto transmission fluid should be changed but chnged the fluid in my Granvia shortly after I acquired it (at 70,000 KMs) I assume the final drive is just topped up as required.

Engine oil should be SAE 10w-30 to API CF or higher specification

Hope that helps

Thank's Mike in France, any help is greatly appreciated.

Frank

This is the problem with buying imports.

1. Getting spares

2. Getting workshop manuals in English

3. Getting someone to work on them.

Certain imports such as the Estima and IPsums are ok as they share common parts with UK models. What you need to do is find out what UK car uses the same engine as yours e.g. a Landcruiser and then just use the same service intervals as that and use your local auto factors for parts. Other things however that may become and issue are shock absorbers, brake discs, CV joints etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Life without the old forum is impossible, so much good info just gone to waiste, and its now left me in the lurch.

I need to find a N/S OUTER CV JOINT, and bbc spares have quoted me £261.48 +vat and with money super tight for me at the moment i need to find something cheaper.

If any body has the answer please please help me out..................

its a 95 4x4 8str

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why it has gone or who ran the site?

There were a few post I was following and loads of great info.

Lets just hope that who ever was involved with the running of the Granvia forum finds this fed and gives us some answers.

There is a post somewhere on this site from (I presume) the person who started the site, inviting Granvia Owners to join, perhaps there is a way to send a pm to the member.

• 8 years later...

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what transmission fluid I should be using? I've had my Granvia, 1998 model, for about 8 months  and when I'm not towing it goes like a bomb. However I towed long distance, roughly 250 miles, and possibly I was pushing her too hard but I blew the front transmission seal. I have since had it replaced but now even after a short trip, 30 miles, the A/T Oil Temp light came on, towing that is. All the info I'd read up on the Granvia before I bought it lead me to believe the Granvia was a brilliant towing vehicle. I'm now wondering if they've put the correct transmission fluid in?