Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate Control Unit

carday

:angry:

Right here goes

Alternator packed up 2 weekends ago and I had to have a new one fitted, when I got the car back the Air-Con didn't work, checked with the garage who comfirmed that they would not have had to touch the air-con pump as it was on a seperate belt, Had the gas pressure checked and that was fine air-con man said that there was no power to the pump so took it to MR T on weds this week. they confirmed that the pump was okay but the Climate Control Unit had burnt out due to the alternator over charging before it packed up. Strange that the Air-Con was working prior to this. :g:

MR T have said this will cost a small fortune to replace but I didn't get a quote as they charged me £75.00+ Vat to tell me it wasn't working. :o

Friend of mine said that surely the Climate Control Unit should have been protecetd from current surges by either a fuse or a relay ?????

If I was to buy a second hand Climate Control Unit how easy would it be to install.

:help:

Sorry I cannot give you exact answer as to your problem as my data discs do not cover your model. If you post request for anybody with an up to date "2007/08 Autodata CD3" disc they may well be able to provide you with answer. Apologies only just noticed your posting. Only guessing, but could your control unit be behind glove box with A/C unit? or maybe located behind centre consul controls for climate control?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links