Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idle Eratic D4d Yaris - Solution

dustyhog

Question:  What's the second small air channel for?  I guess the larger channel is air to the cylinders.

I dunno mate, I just cleaned both the holes and it's spot on. I get about an extra 100 mile out of £20GBP worth of diesel thanks to this fix. I'll be doing it again in the New Year when I get it checked over by my mechanic.

• 6 months later...

Dustyhog: Thanks for a brilliant solution (posted nine years ago, but still exactly right). All I would add is that, when cleaning out the channel in the unit, you find that there's a right-angle bend to clear out too. A bit of stiff, bent wire did the trick for me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all, bought my dear old grandads 2005 diesel yaris from the estate when he died late last year. He loved it, and poodled around in 5th gear clogging the engine! Bless him, he was an old school lorry driver so i guess thats what they did in those days.

First time i drove it after he passed, when i went over 2500 revs, the black smoke out the back was crazy! But nowadays all good.

Anyways, thanks for this post, cause the yaris had been pretty grumpy at cold start up, and i noticed the valve at the diaphram wobbling to the tune of the uneven idle at the weekend, then found this post. Took that assembly off last night and oh my god, it was nearly totally blocked! Gave it a good clean up, refitted it, and this morning on cold start up...PERFECT !!! Many thanks. Marty.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much dustyhog, this has just transformed the idle on a 2004 Yaris Verso 1.4 d4d! Brilliant!

• 6 months later...

Another happy Yaris owner now I've followed helpful guide. Yaris running sweetly once again when cold. Many thanks to the person who posted the guide.