Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Estima 2001 - That Stick In Front Of The Car

RT99

Hi everyone,

I bought a Japanese import a year ago and I have a dilemma here.

It's in regard to the transparent stick (about 40cm long) that's sitting vertically on the left hand side just above the head lights.

I have no idea what's that for but I've seen other cars with one of this on some other Japanese car sites.... :o

It is just annoying not knowing what's for and it is always a risk that one day somebody will laugh at it and break it causing damage to the front of the car.

A friend of mine thinks it could be for guiding when parking (being a large car), helps the driver approximating the nose of the car.

Others said it suppose to have its tip lit at night (but it doesn't) or that it could be the aerial for the radio.

Does anyone actually know what it could be and if I can get rid of it?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi everyone,

I bought a Japanese import a year ago and I have a dilemma here.

It's in regard to the transparent stick (about 40cm long) that's sitting vertically on the left hand side just above the head lights.

I have no idea what's that for but I've seen other cars with one of this on some other Japanese car sites.... :o

It is just annoying not knowing what's for and it is always a risk that one day somebody will laugh at it and break it causing damage to the front of the car.

A friend of mine thinks it could be for guiding when parking (being a large car), helps the driver approximating the nose of the car.

Others said it suppose to have its tip lit at night (but it doesn't) or that it could be the aerial for the radio.

Does anyone actually know what it could be and if I can get rid of it?

Thanks a lot!!

I believe it is either the aerial for the radio or if fitted the sat nav.

Not an aerial.

It's called a Corner Finder - it's a parking aid to help you judge where the nearside corner is in relation to things .

Some of them have a bulb underneath ( probably all actually, now that I think about it ) to illuminate them at night.

It seems to be a JDM thing that never really travelled well - although there was a link in the Prius section for motorised aftermarket ones a while back. They looked neat in a gimmicky sort of way

Yes, it has Sat Nav (never worked since I bought it, software compatibility, Toyota said it can't take other software for the SatNav as this car was intended for the Japanese market only) but I doubt it's for that.

@Boro Sera, I was told the same, that's for helping when parking and something must not be working properly as it nevers lights!

I will still try and find if I could remove it, I don't like it and not just that, I'm just the odd one if I look around noone has this gadget... :rolleyes: