Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Howl? D4d Avensis Verso

Whitecrane

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted much over the years because, quite simply my car never gives me any problems. I have a 2001 Avensis Verso d4d which I have owned from new and now has 74000 miles on the clock. Since new it has made an unusual noise whilst driving and sometimes when sitting idling after starting. I can only describe the noise as a sudden low pitched howl /whine which I think comes from the induction system. It tends to do this at lower revs but it can happen at any time. there is no effect on the performance of the car and it is an occasional occurrence. As I say it has been there since we bought the car and I initially thought it was some kind of low pressure dump valve if such a thing exists. My only reason for bringing this up is the fact that I am taking the car on holiday in a few weeks time ( I used to take my Audi on hols but in a moment of madness I sold it and bought a 17 year old Land Rover a couple of months ago...Mid life crisis?) and I'm looking for things to go wrong. Just serviced the car a month or so ago with oil, filter, fuel filter (dealer fitted) air filter etc . I know this is not a particularly brilliant description of the noise but if it rings any bells any advice info gratefully received.

Thank you

Dougie

I would be inclined to look at the ... turbo pip to make sureit has not been snapped / or damaged on removal to do service.

yea check the turbo intercooler pipe has not fallen off its located next to the left front wheel underneath just pop it back on and secure

yea check the turbo intercooler pipe has not fallen off its located next to the left front wheel underneath just pop it back on and secure