Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Mpg From 06 Avensis D-4d?

Paulq

I am looking to buy an 06 Avensis T2 D-4D but am just a bit concerned that it will be a bit heavy on diesel consumption and wondered what other figures owners of Diesel Avensi (sic) got? I do about 250 miles a week of which about 100 are to work and back (short motorway run but mainly A roads) plus an all motorway trip of 6o miles twice a week.

The official figures quote a combined 50 mpg - what's the reality? Car is the 2 litre variant with a 6 speed box.

Thanks very much.

Paul

I have an 07 (new style) 2.0L and my average over 18 months or so has been 45mpg. This is a mix of 5-10 minute drives to work, or shopping and a few 450 mile drives. I reckon I get just less than 40mpg on town trips and about 55mpg on long drives. If I drive at an indicated 70mph on a long drive I can squeeze 59mpg. (I'm anal about recording consumption in case you hadn't guessed!)

I have an 07 (new style) 2.0L and my average over 18 months or so has been 45mpg. This is a mix of 5-10 minute drives to work, or shopping and a few 450 mile drives. I reckon I get just less than 40mpg on town trips and about 55mpg on long drives. If I drive at an indicated 70mph on a long drive I can squeeze 59mpg. (I'm anal about recording consumption in case you hadn't guessed!)

I've done 15 thousand miles since I got my 04 D4D. I usually get 50-55 mpg, work is about 20 miles from home. On a long trip I've had it up to 61 if I remember correctly.