Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rules Of The Road

Viper_7

A collegue at work was involved in accident the other day...which seems ot be to be beyond belief.

He was at a T-Junction, pulling out to the right. It was quite busy, and there was a lot of traffic....and he saw his oppotunity three cars down the road to his right..which was indicating to turn into the junction he was coming out of. Sure enough first two cars passed...he saw a gap...and the indicating car hit him mid-ships. An off duty policeman had witnessed it all...and acknowlged that the other driver was indeed indicating...however it's not his fault...as apprantly you have to wait, to ensure the person signalling has committed to the turn... so now h'es lost all his no claims bonus.

Sure...this is true...but it's absurd! imagine the chaos on roads...if we all waited for a signalling vehicle, to complete their maneover. We'd never get out of any junction...also it's a damn easy way to have an accident ( caused by yourself) but making the other driver at fault!! So.... i'm thinking...right when it comes to trading my car it..and it's depreciated too much to make it worth while...probably better for me to drive around with my indicator on. and hit whoever I can...get the cash for the new motor...get the compensation for the poorly foot and the sore neck, and walk away with a big smile on my face...with the other poor chap picking up the cost......absolutly crazy!

Oh, and finally...why do we bother indicating at all?????? If we know that no matter which way were indicating at whatever time...everyone else has to wait until you complete whatever manover that takes your fancy?!!!

Vipes.

I hate to say it mate but that's true. Shows even with a copper there you're not safe.

This happened to my partner a few years ago. She was pulling out, the old giffer saw her and from all accounts it seemed he then proceeded to accelerated into the side of her.

I thought it was just down to the fact that he will have had about 1000 years NCB and so it was his word that was taken (he denied indicating at all, even though he was indicating and even slowing down before he saw the GF). Ever since this, I won't pull out of a junction until the signalling car begins to make their maneuver (much to the annoyance of other road users behinf me, but then it wouldn't be their car that would get hit would it?).

It's confusing though, once my brother was going along the road when some daft bat pulled out on him (he wasn't even indicating) when it went to the insurance it went in her favour. The insurance said he should have seen her and been able to react in time.

IMO the whole car insurance system in this country is flawed and is only in the best interests of the companies and NOT the customer. The fact that if you rear end someone it is automatically your fault for example is total bull! What if the person dives in front of you from overtaking and then does an emergency stop?

I was once against a guy in court who caused an accident, both the police envolved and the legal team agreed that I was not at fault and my excess should be returned to me and my NCB re-instated after I was caused to clip someones back end.

The insurance company said they would not refund an excess six months after the date of claim, and that as I hit the back of someone else I was obviously at fault!!!

PS Dazwan, Werent you expecting the patter of tiny feet (not the cats) over Christmas?

This happened to my partner a few years ago. She was pulling out, the old giffer saw her and from all accounts it seemed he then proceeded to accelerated into the side of her.

I thought it was just down to the fact that he will have had about 1000 years NCB and so it was his word that was taken (he denied indicating at all, even though he was indicating and even slowing down before he saw the GF). Ever since this, I won't pull out of a junction until the signalling car begins to make their maneuver (much to the annoyance of other road users behinf me, but then it wouldn't be their car that would get hit would it?).

It's confusing though, once my brother was going along the road when some daft bat pulled out on him (he wasn't even indicating) when it went to the insurance it went in her favour. The insurance said he should have seen her and been able to react in time.

IMO the whole car insurance system in this country is flawed and is only in the best interests of the companies and NOT the customer. The fact that if you rear end someone it is automatically your fault for example is total bull! What if the person dives in front of you from overtaking and then does an emergency stop?

There was a spate of incidents in leeds not too long back..where by...someone was following a car..and then they'd slam on the brakes... on purpose...following car...would stop in time...they'd set off again...they'd slam on the brakes...again the following car stopped..so they stuck it in reverse and rammed them...then got out...and accused the other drive from hitting them...and of course witness suddenly appeared, saying the same thing!! It's only becasue they dug around..that they found out these guys had pulled the same stunt many times before!

As always..not everything is black and white.

It's like the new Tax disc penalties....I have..and have done several times..let my tax laps...simply becasue I wasn't in the country!..and it just happened to fall at the the time my tax would expire...I'd then come back..and re-tax the motor...you wouldn't belive how big a pain it is..proving the car..hadn't been on the public highway for that month! when it wasn't taxed

but now...we are immediately fined by some computer!!!

Same with the box junction?? we now get fined if we stop in side a box junction...even by six inches!...most of the time becasue the gap that we had left..is suddenly filled by someone else pulling out and nabbing it..leaving muggins in the brown stuff.

There's just been a recent case thoug hwith a gatso..where a fine was issued for someone doing 51mph in a 30 mph area...he demanded the photos...and proved he was actually only doing just over 13mph! The court agreed, and the fine was lifted...apparently the gatso's are prone to Radar phenomone ( can't spell!) due to reflections....so I wonder how many electornic penalties have been issued to innocent drivers....secondly...if they really say they arn't there to make money...scrap the fines...and issue a penalty point...yeah...as if that's going to happen. The UK citizens are just getting taxed left right and centre...soon the air will be taxed.

Vipes.

PS Dazwan, Werent you expecting the patter of tiny feet (not the cats) over Christmas?

I've just put up a post to let the world know.

Thanks for reminding me :thumbsup:

its like the old classic bus fraud claims where a bus would have an accident with three ppl on it who just drop there shopping, in a couple of weeks the bus was supposedly full of folk who suffered lacerations, broken bones, and brain damage!

seriously tho thats bad for your mate viper, think ill be a bit more careful when pulling out these days!

:thumbsup: