Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member Needs Help

amazon1

Hi there

I'm a new member from Northern Ireland.

For better (or worse), I've just become the owner of a late 1991 Toyota Master Ace Surf 4x4 2 Litre Turbo Diesel (Import). Not been anything of an expert it does seem to be in reasonable condition.

Bought it a couple of days ago. Took it to the guy who normally works on my vehicle. Don't think he's going to be much help to me. He told me I'd probably have great difficulty getting parts.

1) Can anyone suggest who I might contact regarding ordering parts. The vehicle seems to be working fine at the moment, but I do want to be prepared for when something needs replacing.

2) Also it didn't come with a handbook, can anyone tell me when I could pick one up, or even download a copy of one.

3) Finally which would be the best section of the forum to ask questions about my new purchase on.

I'd appreciate any leads or advice anyone could give.

Thanks in advance :) :)

Hi and welcome to TOC

In answer to one of your questions, you'll be able to get parts no problem from your local Toyota Dealer.

In saying that, some dealers are funny and try to fob you off claiming it's because it's an import - but just try another dealer. My car was never sold outside of Japan but I can get any part still available within 2 days from my local Mr T.

Also, don't worry about it being an import - it's effectively the same vehicle as the UK spec ( assuming there was one ), so will share a multitude of common parts to more 'dealer friendly ' 4x4s

Hi and welcome to TOC

In answer to one of your questions, you'll be able to get parts no problem from your local Toyota Dealer.

In saying that, some dealers are funny and try to fob you off claiming it's because it's an import - but just try another dealer. My car was never sold outside of Japan but I can get any part still available within 2 days from my local Mr T.

Also, don't worry about it being an import - it's effectively the same vehicle as the UK spec ( assuming there was one ), so will share a multitude of common parts to more 'dealer friendly ' 4x4s

Thanks for your reply.

I will try local dealers, but fear that they may not be interested

1) due to it being an import

2) the age of the vehicle

You might just be surprised ! it's about the same age as my Sera and my dealer is spot on.

If you don't get any joy with the dealer then we have a man on here called Parts-King who works for Lindop Toyota ( see the Lindop section towards the bottom of the main page ). He can get you anything ( as long as it's available ! )

Good luck

Rich

You might just be surprised ! it's about the same age as my Sera and my dealer is spot on.

If you don't get any joy with the dealer then we have a man on here called Parts-King who works for Lindop Toyota ( see the Lindop section towards the bottom of the main page ). He can get you anything ( as long as it's available ! )

Good luck

Rich

Any possibility of being able to download an owners manual from anywhere?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links