Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scangauge Ii - Anyone Interested?

Hoovie

Scangauge  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Scangauge?

• Yes
    • Yes, but I would like to see it in a TOC Members car first!
    • I have one already!!
    • No, not interested

Looking to purchase a Scangauge and wondering if anyone else is interested in one of these?

If we have enough interest, then it is very likely the UK distributor will setup a discount for TOC members.

The Uk distributor is http://www.ukobd.co.uk/ - I know they have done something similar for the Lexus crowd, so we Toyota bods mustn't be left out :lol:

Anyone who is wondering what a Scangauge is, it is an on-board computer that does the same stuff that the trip computer does - but a lot more accurately, AND it has extra functionality that allows you to know alot more about what is going on with your car, AND it also can read the error codes that the average Mr T Dealer charges a fortune to tell you himself - so you can go forwarned and forarmed with knowledge if you have a problem.

More info Here and a pic

photo_sg2_1b.jpg

These are very good, see the US RAV owneres over at www.rav4world.com use them and also if you want too see them in action head over to there an have a looksey....

Unsure of the obd in the later RAV 4.2 models (square fog lights) as the RAC had trouble connecting to mine..only Mr T managed that...

Any how it would be good to get some sort of discount and interest..seems a lot of owners getting codes or errors appearing and no ability to read them... also the MPG read out would be true and accurate, so we could get up some better readings of this...

Looking at the info, the mandated requirements for an ODBC came in a little later on the Diesels then the Petrols (guess some technical reason) but as I understand it, all cars from 2004 onwards must have a connector, and petrols from 2001 (I think?).

The distributors will have a full list anyway, plus if anyone is on doubt if they have the connector, a question posted here on TOC will bound to provide an answer PDQ :thumbsup:

There is also this very neat mounting - the "blendmount" that allows it to be fitted above the rear-view mirror, which I like the look of.

TACOMAFRONT.jpg

I already have diagnostic equipment but I can see some benefits for those that don't. This is a good way to monitor performance, diagnose faults and cancel warning lights.

I would really like one, but price is putting me off, if there is a good discount, I could be swayed :thumbsup:

depends on the definition of 'good', I guess ;)

It is possible to get the kit over from the US at a lower price from UK or European suppliers (like most things :angry: ) , but there are potential issues with customs duties and VAT, plus warranty issues if a failure occurs.

Pays your money, takes your choice ....

good = lots less money :lol:

if your getting from overseas the cost will probably outweigh the group discount you can get any, just get one off eBay :lol:

SJx

Having read about how much the americans rave about these on Rav4 World I reckon they must

be very good. :thumbsup:

good = lots less money :lol:

if your getting from overseas the cost will probably outweigh the group discount you can get any, just get one off ebay :lol:

SJx

The supplier I have talked to is in UK (eliminates all those unknowns I mentioned) :yes:

The discount they would give will make the Scangauge from them cheaper then any UK or European Based eBay Seller currently showing :yes:

Having read about how much the americans rave about these on Rav4 World I reckon they must

be very good. :thumbsup:

Not really to sure what it is, :unsure: will it give more accurate consumption figures than the current Obc.? can it be fitted by a numpty(me) if so depending on price put me down for one.. :thumbsup:

Hi Stew,

Unlike the Toyota OBC, the Scangauge can be calibrated and learn, so after a couple of fillups, it should be spot on :thumbsup:

I have ordered mine today (the pimp goes on!) and will post some pictures as I fit it :yes:

Stew, My 9 year old grandaughter plugged mine in for me(i've got a bad back,) so I would hope you don't want to be shown up by a young un. ;)

Just plug 1 end into the Diagnostics port and run the cable to where you want the display, plug the other end into the scangauge and switch the engine on, you then just set up the gauges according to the instructions.

You even get 2 pairs of velcro pads to secure it where you decide.

Overall Very simple to install.

posted some info in the RAV4 Section, but FYI, I got mine yesterday and got it fully installed, including routing cable behind lining and pillars in about 20 mins. So if anyone is worried they are not technical enough to install one, you are!!

PS - using a 9 year as an example of how easy technology is nowadays probably a bad idea, considering they are usually the only ones who can program the video, fully work a mobile phone and get round internet nannying controls :laughing:

As there is obviously a great interest in this item, could an admin bod contact the company to see what offers they could do for TOC members?

Gareth (gareth@ukobd.co.uk) is the main man to talk to there.

PS - just to re-iterate, company is nothing to do with me - I was just looking for a scanguage and they seemed to be the UK distributor :thumbsup: