Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Local Toyota Dealer Messed Up! Help!

jalal90

right so my landcruiser colardo, started making a new sound and lost some power! So as u do, i booked it into the local dealer for a check up. So im phoned up and told that my torque converter is broken and needs replacing. Right so i accept it, 1300 is the cost! Yikes. But i need my car back so i agree, and they get on with it. A week later apparently the new part was broken! so they send off for another new one, fit that and now my car that used to work now doesnt work at all as im told by toyota. Latest news is that the whole automatic gearbox needs changing, which totals at over 3,000 pounds! rediculous!

They have broken my car, misdiagnosed and made up a bill for nothing. What do you guys think i should do? Should i seek legal aid or they have offered me a deal: to source another garage that will put in a second hand gear box in and offer me a years warranty for 1200 but the garuntee will only exist if i keep the new torque converter! So totalling 2,000 pounds. Now the value of my car is probably nomore then 7,000! What should i do???

right so my landcruiser colardo, started making a new sound and lost some power! So as u do, i booked it into the local dealer for a check up. So im phoned up and told that my torque converter is broken and needs replacing. Right so i accept it, 1300 is the cost! Yikes. But i need my car back so i agree, and they get on with it. A week later apparently the new part was broken! so they send off for another new one, fit that and now my car that used to work now doesnt work at all as im told by toyota. Latest news is that the whole automatic gearbox needs changing, which totals at over 3,000 pounds! rediculous!

They have broken my car, misdiagnosed and made up a bill for nothing. What do you guys think i should do? Should i seek legal aid or they have offered me a deal: to source another garage that will put in a second hand gear box in and offer me a years warranty for 1200 but the garuntee will only exist if i keep the new torque converter! So totalling 2,000 pounds. Now the value of my car is probably nomore then 7,000! What should i do???

Firstly give Trading standards a call for their opinion of whats happened and then (if still required) an independent Engineers report as to whats actually wrong with the car - This is what i would do to start with.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links