Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superguard

bridgy

hi has anybody had their car superguarded because my corolla is having it done at the price of £220 now and was wondering if its worth it bit late now tho if its not(for those who don't no superguard it like an extreamly deep clean and polish) thanks bridgy

I have paid for this in the past.... just the once! I'm sorry but it is a 'rip off'! You can buy the same product via eBay at a fraction of the cost.

It really is just a wax type treatment that is, in my opinion, over hyped. Buy a decent branded product and do the job yourself. You will appreciate the car far more that way :)

I got this on my car from the the dealer when I bought it. At the time I paid about £90 to get it done. But I also got a bag of goodies which look as though it'd cost about £40-£50 anyway.

In the long run I'd say not worth the money! As Steve said, Buy some stuff yourself and do it. It's a bit more work for you but you know you've done it yourself, and it was YOU who made it look good. :thumbsup:

Atleast you know for the future eh!

I had it...

Its crap, save your money and buy some 'top quality' cleaning tackle, in which case youll get more for less and at the expense of a weekends worth of elbow grease.

Our Punto had it done when we bought it new back in June '02

IMHO, it has made it easier to clean and the car, even though it does not get washed and polished a lot, does not look like it is 6 years old and still beads the water off better then my RAV4 which is 3 years old.

Didn't know this is something you could do successfully with a used car, though :g: Is this on your Corolla following a full respray, Bridgy?

I always thought it had to be done on brand new paint, when its at its 'thickest' ie not after many years of air abrasion and other forms of polishing etc...

Suppose its ok if you have had a respray, but id still spend the 200quid on a pile of cleanin goodies that will work out much better.

I also thought it could only be put on new paint as it comes out of the factory.

Not quite but I know what you mean. Supaguard is an extra applied by the dealer's PDI team. I watched them apply it to a car and it really is quick and looks good. I am not saying that it is a bad product I am simply suggesting that the adverts make it to be better than it is and the price is way over what it should be. -T- Sport paid closer to the correct price but I have seen dealers charge nearer to £300. If you take out the labour costs the product is valued at no more than £30 or £50 per car depending on size.... even at this estimate I think I have priced it too high :huh:

Our Punto had it done when we bought it new back in June '02

IMHO, it has made it easier to clean and the car, even though it does not get washed and polished a lot, does not look like it is 6 years old and still beads the water off better then my RAV4 which is 3 years old.

Didn't know this is something you could do successfully with a used car, though :g: Is this on your Corolla following a full respray, Bridgy?

no its on a corolla i just bought a it has been really well looked after their is no inpefections on the paint from very small scratches near the door lock thanks

sorry but i agree its a rip off really, as i know what the dealers pay for it ;)

i have applyed loads of them as i used to be a valeter,if you really need it

Autoglym do one and its better than superguard.

But i guess we are all too late as you said you have already agreed to it anyway!

They will have to make sure they remove those scratchs you say it has or they will be sealed in,

have they said anything about the paint protection warranty? only reason i ask is i'm not sure

how it works with used cars, i seem to remember they wouldnt warrant it but i'm not 100% sure :unsure:

Having it on your paintwork will make washing your car easier,& it will bead.

But as jaxx said you could wax it yourself with a good wax to get the same thing,

there are some very good waxs around that also seal your paint.

As you are having it done make sure you get a receipt itemising the supaguard as a specific item. This is your proof the product was applied by the certified dealer. That way if you do get any stains/marks on the car that the product is certified to protect against you can claim a new paint job or upholstery. Part of the cost is is in effect an insurance policy against certain types of damage.

As others have said the mark up on these products is usually quite high and open to negotiation with the dealer.

thanks for the info guys luckily enough i rang the garage before it closed and i managed to cancel it being done and saved myself £220 i was getting it done at the toyota garage were my dad works and he is the one who was going to be doing it for them and he didnt no lol so now my dad is going to be doing it for free so cant complain can i thanks again bridgy

Result :thumbsup:

I would think the superguard needs to put on as perfect & clean a surface as possible - check out this thread - http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86371. Post #11 has a link to a video on claying which seems pretty convincing to me (I bought some ;) ) - reckon that may be worth a go before the superguard is applied :)