Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Larger Parking Spaces For Women

Hou

Fury over 'sexist' parking bays

A Croatian shopping centre has introduced special parking spaces for women drivers.

But the move has not gone down well as female motorists resent the implication that they need the extra wide bays, while men resent the fact women are getting special treatment.

The bays, in the busy Emmezeta centre in Zagreb, were meant to make parking easier for female customers.

Decorated with pink flowers, the prime spots are wider, further apart, better lit and easier to get in and out of than ordinary spaces.

"Do they think we're disabled or something?" fumed one woman shopper.

"It's just old fashioned sexist nonsense to suggest that a woman can't park every bit as well as a man - if not better."

And male customer Ivo Markovcic complained: "Why should women get special spaces? You can understand disabled spaces and parking bays for people with children.

"But women should just learn how to drive properly."

Now shopping centre bosses have apologised for hurting their customers' feelings.

"We didn't mean any offence. Most of our customers are ladies and we just wanted to make their lives easier," said managing director Slobodan Skolnik.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_29924...u=news.quirkies

Tesco have women only parking bays.... they are 'parent with child' bays :lol:

All places should have extra wide spaces with women covered with flowers and stars and fluffy kittens, and when you get in a sexy waiter comes and takes your order and someone helps with the shopping, we DO deserve this extra special treatment :lol:

arent men parents to then steve? :lol: anyway the only people I ever see park in those spaces are 18 yr old lads, with defo no children...lol.

....arent men parents to then steve? :lol:....

Oh yes we can be parents too.... well I am anyway! But clearly they were designed with women in mind :yes:

Right I am off to get my flak jacket and steel helmet on as I can sense some artillery fire heading my way :blink::lol:

....arent men parents to then steve? :lol:....

Oh yes we can be parents too.... well I am anyway! But clearly they were designed with women in mind :yes:

Right I am off to get my flak jacket and steel helmet on as I can sense some artillery fire heading my way :blink::lol:

:lol: well it was a brave statement to make!! but i aint shooting, feel the love on TOC!! :P

All places should have extra wide spaces with women covered with flowers and stars and fluffy kittens

Why would you want to cover the women with flowers, stars and kittens??? :wacko:

:lol:

.... feel the love on TOC!! :P

I feel it I feel it :group-cuddles::hug:

Eh...what am I doing here...I stumbled across this thread only to find it was what it said ........now was not expecting that :rolleyes:

Never understood why car parking spaces all have to be different for various types of driver. The spaces should all be wide enough to get any car in and be able to fully open all of the doors. People who design car parks never seem to think about the people who have to use them, just cramming the most cars in.

I totally agree!!!!

I'd love to be able to leave my car ina proper parking space (i.e. not double spaced) and know that there would be no door dings!

I totally agree!!!!

I'd love to be able to leave my car ina proper parking space (i.e. not double spaced) and know that there would be no door dings!

Get this for parking... Quad Spaced!

K to the N to the O to the B!

Also note that Hitler goes shopping at my local CoOp in his Bug. ;)

post-23255-1220962594_thumb.jpg

To see things like this in real life just sit in your car at an Asda car park and watch ;)

It's funny, because it's true.

How about carrying several road cones in your boot and putting them in the spaces next to your parking space. As long as it's not near a uni or college, nobody will move them. :D

I have been known to quad space, just like in that pic....

At the end of the day, like the bloke in the pic I do it in the far end of the car park where it is empty anyway, at a supermarket that apart from on christmas eve has a car par that is at most 50% full.

It doesn't do anyone any harm or cause any inconvenience to anyone bar the driver that has to walk the extra distance... if people didn't open doors onto cars I'd not feel the need to do it!

Within the first month of having my first soarer, it got 3 separate door dings. Result I double spaced from then on.

-one Time I didn't (near full car park) I came out and SAW someone fling a door open onto my black supra. I chased them but they sped off, I called the police and they didn't care as it’s a "private car park"

Another time in another full car park I parked "properly" to come back and find someone in a ford explorer had actually hit my car (grey supra) when parking next to it, and still parked there! - with my paint clearly on their front bumper. I took pictures, a video and measurements and called the police. - Again no interest as I had no witnesses! (Unfortunately I couldn't wait about, -maybe I should have!)

The moral of the story is: Double space at least, the perceived inconvenience of someone not parking there is considerably less than the inconvenience of having your pride and joy dented.

The second moral is, if someone damages your car, take the law into your own hands. I have tried doing things "properly" -I got let down.

Tesco have women only parking bays.... they are 'parent with child' bays :lol:

I use these regularly when I take my mum to the shops.

When 'Mrs Tenkids' in the next space tries to have a go at me I just point out that the sign doesn't stipulate that the parent has to be the driver too. Shuts them up a treat.

Letter of the law etc ! :P

women_parking.gif

now ya talking :lol: flashing lights and everything, just need the flowers, kittens and male attendant :P

I take offence to the other two pics :lol:

Karma, you may have had an experience where they had the cheek to stay parked there and flee the scene of the crime but I can definitely beat you on this one. I parked in a local car park and whilst walking back to my car this rust bucket pulls up tight to mine and this old biddy flings the door open *SMACK* the driver then moves forward into another row and his wife nips to the cafe. When confronted he denies it all saying he'd been parked there all the time. If he didn't have his diplomatic immunity (HE WAS REALLY OLD) then i'd of slapped him silly. :chair:

Just tell them you are sending the CCTV footage to your insurance company and they will get the bill in the post. No need to slap anyone silly. Just mess with their heads :fear:

I have seen similar before too Teddy, (not with me though!) I went to a supra meet last year and just as we were all parking up in a line an old couple nipped in a space (breaking the chain lol) and opened their door onto one of the cars infront of everyone!

The owner was not impressed! to say the least!

It really winds me up (As my post probably reflected) I genuinely find myself wishing unpleasant endings on people that do it!

Did you do anything about it or just give up in the end?

Just tell them you are sending the CCTV footage to your insurance company and they will get the bill in the post. No need to slap anyone silly. Just mess with their heads :fear:

CCTV footage... fraid not :( I took a photo of the plate and the damage on my mobile, but that against their word just wouldn't cut the mustard. Out of all the spaces they could of parked, why squeeze it next to mine eh, especially when his wife was quite clearly not going to get out without doing some damage.

I have seen similar before too Teddy, (not with me though!) I went to a supra meet last year and just as we were all parking up in a line an old couple nipped in a space (breaking the chain lol) and opened their door onto one of the cars infront of everyone!

The owner was not impressed! to say the least!

It really winds me up (As my post probably reflected) I genuinely find myself wishing unpleasant endings on people that do it!

Did you do anything about it or just give up in the end?

I'm sad to say that despite a heated exchange I quite simply couldn't do anything to resolve the issue, so me and my pal, Mast. Card suffered the consequences. The bare faced cheek was unbelievable, he ended up calling me a liar, nothing like pouring petrol on the fire eh??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links