Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hellow again...!!!

Hello alexC....!!!!

I talked to my dealer today about the parts.The cable and the switch(the serial numbers that you gave us) indicates in the Toyota's system that fits to Auris with handle transmission.

My questions:

1)Do you have handle transmission?Will it be problem to install the kit on manual transmission ?

2)How can i try the kit before making the hole?(you know...to make sure that works because if it does not work there will be a hole downside of the steering

wheel...!!!)

3)After it works..Could i disconnect the two cables to make my work easier?(Basically...for making the hole!!).I think the cables are for the corn and

the airbag ..Will this be problem?

4)Do i need to come off the Battery first?

Thanks...Tasos

Hellow again...!!!

Hello alexC....!!!!

I talked to my dealer today about the parts.The cable and the switch(the serial numbers that you gave us) indicates in the Toyota's system that fits to Auris with handle transmission.

My questions:

1)Do you have handle transmission?Will it be problem to install the kit on manual transmission ?

2)How can i try the kit before making the hole?(you know...to make sure that works because if it does not work there will be a hole downside of the steering

wheel...!!!)

3)After it works..Could i disconnect the two cables to make my work easier?(Basically...for making the hole!!).I think the cables are for the corn and

the airbag ..Will this be problem?

4)Do i need to come off the battery first?

Thanks...Tasos

Hello Tasos!

1) I have MM-T transmission, and I've heard that cruise can be also installed to manual transmission Auris'. On manual models the one and only problem is, that the Cruise turns off when pressing the clutch (changing gears). But it's not very disturbing, especially when you're going on a highway using only one, highest gear. To make this problem dissapear, there is a possibility to install some extra wiring... It shouldn't be difficult, but I don't know anything more about it so you'll have to ask your dealer or someone else if you're interested in that option.

2) You can try the kit simply by removing the airbag's cover and connecting the joystick with the wire to the free connection slot. Put the airbag's cover on it's place but get the wire coming up in the hole between the wheel and airbag's cover so it will leave "hanging on the surface". Ask if you didn't understang :D

3) DO NOT disconnect the wires, you have three holes in your steering wheel (some wheels have three, some wheels have four of them, hope you understand what I mean). When you're sitting and watching the wheel, one of them is on the top, two are under the silver parts (which can contain different buttons, like volume control etc.) After removing the airbag's cover, put it in the left hole. It won't leave hanging and will stay out of your way. But remember, there is an airbag inside the airbag's cover, handle it carefully and put it on it's place everytime when driving your car!!

4) By doing as I said you won't have to disconnect the Battery. But if you'll decide to disconnect the airbag's wire, I suggest you to disconnect the Battery first.

Good luck with your project :)

-Alex

ALWAYS disconnect the Battery when removing air bag connections and wiring, you can do yourself a serious injury if it deploys in your face when close up to it. The airbag will not give you a warning "Do you want me to go off yes/no" :lol:

Work safely! Disconnect the Battery and leave it for a few minutes before starting work on it

Kingo :thumbsup:

ALWAYS disconnect the battery when removing air bag connections and wiring, you can do yourself a serious injury if it deploys in your face when close up to it. The airbag will not give you a warning "Do you want me to go off yes/no" :lol:

Work safely! Disconnect the battery and leave it for a few minutes before starting work on it

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo!

What I said about not disconnecting the Battery is what I've read on Auris Club Russia...

BUT maybe there's some important point why you shouldn't disconnect the airbag during the installation :unsure:

Best regards, Alex

If the airbag goes bang, when your face is couple of inches away from it while you're fiddling with the connectors, it can even cost you your life.

No joke.

It can break your neck, nose, jaw...

Also it can also burn your face so bad that even a drunk Leprechaun can't stand staring at it.

So please do NOT, disconnect/connect any kind of airbag connector/wiring if you don't know what you're doing.

i really appriciate if you can get the plastic cover serial number.
Here is a useful link: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html Here you can get ANY part's number by entering your VIN and then just locating the part. Cheers! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I received the parts and i installed them..

The cruise works PERFECTLY..

The only "problem" i have is that the steering wheel doesn't have clear cap ana i am afraid to make the whole hole as big as the Toyota's cover.

So,i make the hole so small that entering narrowly the switch.

What can i do to cover the hole?

Has anyone got any idea?

Thanks a lot..!!

Laskaris, are you having an manual transmission or an MMT?

I'm not entirely sure but it seems that CC cannot be installed on 1.4 Petrol and Diesel engines otherwise we would have them installed as series. Up here in Portugal equipment line Sol has CC in all other engines along with no key startup. The only 2 cars that don't have this equipment in the Sol line equipment are the 1.4 VVti and 1.4 D4D and I'm almost sure it's not because of a cost saving issue but rather then these 2 engines CPU do not support it.

Hi Grippen, I'm from Portugal too, and I also have an Auris 1.4 D-4D Sol.

Did you have any progression on the installation of the CC?

Are we able to assemble this on our cars?

Best regards

I'm not entirely sure but it seems that CC cannot be installed on 1.4 Petrol and Diesel engines otherwise we would have them installed as series. Up here in Portugal equipment line Sol has CC in all other engines along with no key startup. The only 2 cars that don't have this equipment in the Sol line equipment are the 1.4 VVti and 1.4 D4D and I'm almost sure it's not because of a cost saving issue but rather then these 2 engines CPU do not support it.

Best regards

This is a quote from the Auris price list in my country:

Cruise Control (only available with 1.6 Dual VVT-i and 2.0 D-4D engines)
I guess there is no installation for a CC in the rest of the cars.

Best regards

This is a quote from the Auris price list in my country:

Cruise Control (only available with 1.6 Dual VVT-i and 2.0 D-4D engines)
I guess there is no installation for a CC in the rest of the cars.

In Portugal, you don't have the CC as an option.

Regarding only the Sol level, in 1.6 benzine and 2.0-2.2 diesel, CC is included.

On 1.4 benzine and diesel, same equipment level, is not included nor available as option.

How can Toyota make the same car, with only different engines, and disable access to these options?

I remember, per example, an Astra G (2003), 1.7 DTI, was the most weak diesel version, and you could assemble the CC, why we cannot in Auris? So strange!

Hello from Greece

My car is Auris 1.6 manual .

I have installed the cruiser control and everything work perfect!!! :D

Thank you very match Alex, for all !!!!!!!!!

Hello from Greece

Did you have to drill a hole in the steering wheel or did you have a plastic lid that just needed to be removed?

Hello from Greece

Did you have to drill a hole in the steering wheel or did you have a plastic lid that just needed to be removed?

i have a plastic lid :D

So stupid I was looking for the plastic piece near the ignition!!!

I'll look closer to check if it exists.

It is suppose to be compatible with cars with electronic accelerator, right? Since the 1.4 benzine is by cable, the others should work no?

By the way, the start/stop would be very difficult to install too?

I made the drill but i don't like it(optically),and i decide to install the steering wheel with the plastic lid.

Is someone know the serial number???

Is it easy?

Thanks a lot..!!!

I made the drill but i don't like it(optically),and i decide to install the steering wheel with the plastic lid.

Is it easy?

Thanks a lot..!!!

Don't know the part number, but I know for sure it's going to be darn expensive!

Is it easy?

Thanks a lot..!!!

45186-12010-B0

Is it easy?

Thanks a lot..!!!

45186-12010-B0

This you gave me is the plastic cover.

I don't want this.

I want the wheel's base that contains the "hole" for the switch..!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links