Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Destroyed Alloys

Beagh1958

Living in the countryside its a bit hard to keep car clean. Put car into new local valeting company, they did a great job so good they returned car with both front alloys devoid of near enough any coating, must have cleaned them with acid. Require 2 x 16 inch standard fit Toyota alloys - 8 spoke alloys for 03 onwards model, which came as standard with Strata model & standard on the T3s. Can anybody point me in direction of car breaker or some one with spare alloys, located West coast of Ireland. To travel to collect not a problem, but must be un marked or un kerbed.

Any help much appreciated, tyre size is 205/55/R16, not particulary bothered about tyres, just had a couple of new tyres fitted last month. Not sure how to post picture but if you like you can PM me & i can send photo of wheel via email

Living in the countryside its a bit hard to keep car clean. Put car into new local valeting company, they did a great job so good they returned car with both front alloys devoid of near enough any coating, must have cleaned them with acid. Require 2 x 16 inch standard fit Toyota alloys - 8 spoke alloys for 03 onwards model, which came as standard with Strata model & standard on the T3s. Can anybody point me in direction of car breaker or some one with spare alloys, located West coast of Ireland. To travel to collect not a problem, but must be un marked or un kerbed.

Any help much appreciated, tyre size is 205/55/R16, not particulary bothered about tyres, just had a couple of new tyres fitted last month. Not sure how to post picture but if you like you can PM me & i can send photo of wheel via email

Wow..............that is bad of them to wreck your wheels :(

Will they pay to replace them for you?.........................good luck in finding replacements :thumbsup:

To Alberto & Red Yaris 54,

Thank you for relpies, especially (FROM ALBERTO) pictures. I allways thought my wheels had name, i see from your picture it is just a standard alloy, that's good enough for me. No major problem with company, small area everybody knows everybody so no point falling out over wheels.

I got a 1/2 refund on valet & they will pay for wheels (NOT BRAND NEW WHEELS) so that's reason for tracking down breakers yard for good conditin SECOND HAND WHEELS. Thanks you for both your replies.

To any forum user who may check this posting, if you check reply & posted pictures from "Alberto Michaletti". He has picture at top & bottom of posting, wheel has no name it is just a standard 8 spoke alloy fitted to Avensis 03 onwards & Corolla models. Can anyone around the west coast tell me of breakers yard or anybody who might have a couple of these wheels lying around. They must be in bang on condition please.

To Alberto,

Thank you for picture, that's the wheel spot on 8 spoke 16 inch alloy. Thank You. Now can any forum user around west coast of Ireland help me out.

Is it not possible to get the wheels reconditioned (provided there not buckled), rather than purchase some more?

To Cabcurtains,

I had considered the re-con route & may still have to. But this is Toyota land nearly every 5th or 6th car you pass on the road is a Toyota of one sort or an other. Problem is R.O.I Republic of Ireland also stands for Rip of Ireland & you would nearly be easier waiting for a couple of wheels from a scrapper than pay for re-con. I did check with local dealer & you can buy wheel paint it's a standard silver colour. I did live in England years ago & used to do quite a bit of spraying on old Lambrettas & Vespas, so i might have to get practicing with the spray gun. So no panic yet i'll wait a while & see what turns up. Thanks for the suggestion all the same.

To Cabcurtains,

I had considered the re-con route & may still have to. But this is Toyota land nearly every 5th or 6th car you pass on the road is a Toyota of one sort or an other. Problem is R.O.I Republic of Ireland also stands for Rip of Ireland & you would nearly be easier waiting for a couple of wheels from a scrapper than pay for re-con. I did check with local dealer & you can buy wheel paint it's a standard silver colour. I did live in England years ago & used to do quite a bit of spraying on old Lambrettas & Vespas, so i might have to get practicing with the spray gun. So no panic yet i'll wait a while & see what turns up. Thanks for the suggestion all the same.

If you do decide to do a repaint job on them yourself, remember to use a self etching primer first otherwise all your hard work could be in vain when the paint starts to flakes off again. Standard primer is no good on alluminium.

I would suggest you use a 'clear over base' paint too if you want a proffesional finish (clear lacquer over a base coat silver)

Still looking for wheels shown in picture (From scrapper if poss) anybody out their able to help. Wheels don't have to be new just cheap & cheerful but unmarked.

Anybody able to help me out with a set of alloys. See picture on this posting (NOT NEW ALLOYS) just require a set of second hand alloys in good condition no kerbing, dents or bangs. Please.

Still no one able to help. Please see below posting (picture) for wheel required, just a standard 16 inch 8 spoke wheel. Any help much appreciated even if from scrapper as long as wheel is not damaged.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links