Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Leakage Problem

hildan

HI, I bought a 2007 aygo last weekend then joined this forum and was very worried to see a lot of people having problems with water leakage, I contacted my dealer a day before I was due to pick up my new car and he had never heard of this problem in his dealership (Sunderland) and assured me my car was bone dry as he checked for me ( I suffer from severe asthma and damp brings it on).

I picked up my car yesterday and drove it home and loved the drive, on reaching home I checked everything out as you do and the carpet in the boot underneath was absolutely soaking wet I mean dripping, I was furious. I called the dealership immediately and told them I was rejecting the car and wanted my old yaris and my £3ooo back. They were stunned when I took it back and couldnt believe how much water was in the boot (he didnt look in the boot apparently) anyway the outcome was they took the car back and gave me an 57 reg yaris instead at no extra cost, saving me another £1000 and they couldnt apologize enough, from now on I'll stick with Yaris and wait a few years until the aygo situation is sorted.

By the way the law states that anybody can do what I did and refuse the car or a repair and demand any deposit or trade in back because toyota are aware of this problem and shouldnt be selling cars with faults I hope this helps anybody having problems at the moment, stop using the car immediately and quote the 1979 sale of goods act at them

• 1 year later...

hi there sorry to here about your aygo but i have a 2007 aygo black and have never had any problems with water in the car i think the aygo is a great car .

• 3 months later...

Hi, new to this!

I have a 56 plate Aygo black and it has leaked since I bought it from new from various different locations and despite having been in for repair and drying out about 5 or 6 times now over the almost four years it is still leaking! My dealer has been very good but I am now at the end of my tether and am thinking this will never be fixed. I need to keep hold of it for another couple of years but can't stand the thought of this. The car ends up smelling and is full of condensation in the mornings. Just not sure where to go from here! Any suggestions welcome!

Ann

My wifes 2009 Aygo 3dr leaked in a few weeks ago - soaking wet in the rear passenger footwells. They fitted new door seals and yesterday after heavy rain the front passenger footwell is now soaking. Back to Toyota on Monday.

• 8 months later...

I purchased a brand new Toyota Aygo Go on 7 July 2011 and on my first real journey in the car on 22 July 2011 found items stowed behind the passenger seat on the floor wet as well as the cover in the boot. Upon lifting out the cover and the plastic tyre cover below I found the spare wheel and jack sitting in around 2 inches of water.

I emailed my garage that evening to let them know and on Monday 25 July 2011 wrote to Toyota Finance copying my garage in on the letter and as I write this I still have not had the courtesy of a reply.

I really love the little Aygo but am so disappointed with Toyota Customer Care.

I have thoroughly dried the car in all accessible places but even the rear seat is wet when pushing my hand in underneath it. The car now smells damp and my main concern is that sooner or later it will rain again causing more deterioration which can be wholly avoided if only they would get in touch.

I live in the sticks around 30 miles from the garage so calling in is not an option for me but I am pulling my hair out.

Anyone got any ideas please?

I purchased a brand new Toyota Aygo Go on 7 July 2011 and on my first real journey in the car on 22 July 2011 found items stowed behind the passenger seat on the floor wet as well as the cover in the boot. Upon lifting out the cover and the plastic tyre cover below I found the spare wheel and jack sitting in around 2 inches of water.

I emailed my garage that evening to let them know and on Monday 25 July 2011 wrote to Toyota Finance copying my garage in on the letter and as I write this I still have not had the courtesy of a reply.

I really love the little Aygo but am so disappointed with Toyota Customer Care.

I have thoroughly dried the car in all accessible places but even the rear seat is wet when pushing my hand in underneath it. The car now smells damp and my main concern is that sooner or later it will rain again causing more deterioration which can be wholly avoided if only they would get in touch.

I live in the sticks around 30 miles from the garage so calling in is not an option for me but I am pulling my hair out.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Linnet

Stop pulling your hair out, it's not worth it!

Your contract is with the garage, go back to them, show them where the water was, get them to smell the dampness and get a courtesy car until it can be fixed. Sorry if that sounds harsh but they have to be given the opportunity to fix it, and the sooner the better

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have just joined because I have a wet boot! mine is a Sept 09 model & has had issues initially with wet footwells which the dealer corrected. The boot is usually filled with my wifes 'bits & she has been nagging me for some time about damp. I stripped out & dried the boot, checked the fuel filler drain which was fine & then put a hose over the rear-no obvious cause but after an hour I had wet side/boot carpet. I suspect the water may be entering thro the side lights? a real head scratcher- any ideas, thanks Jim

• 1 year later...

Right that's an easy fix,

Tools needed:

Silicone sealant, microban cloth, chalk stick ( any colour ), surgical spirit and some dry weather :)

Mark the corners of the seal with chalk.

Then pull the seal off gently.... use a microban cloth and clean the area of the metal edge, check for any paint damage .

Clean the grove in the seal ( use surgical spirit ) and allow to dry off.

Next run a thin bead of silicon sealer into the grove and then replace the seal taking care to match up the chalk marks to ensure a correct fit.

Wipe off any excess sealant that may have oozed out.

Allow to dry for an hour the close the tailgate.

Simples...

• 2 weeks later...

Is this problem now solved or do the Aygos still suffer from this problem. Peter

I'm getting a new Aygo this month, I'll keep you posted on whether I get any leaks or not

I am fully confident that the new Aygo's will not leak...

Especially if it doesn't rain :clap:

• 2 months later...

Was looking to get the mrs a second hand Aygo, but if this is a common fault/problem may look elsewhere.

Not good for Toyota if this has been going on for a few years.

The leaks issue is well documented on this forum, so not exactly news, and most are relatively easily fixed. Also affects the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107. Depending on how old the Aygos are that you're considering, leaks may or may not be an issue.

Thanks for that Mike. Looking at cars up to 4 yrs old, but newer if the price is right.

She does like the Aygo, so will not discount it, but will check the areas where the water accumilates.

Think the newer the car, the less likely it is to leak.

With the new Aygo's launch date being 21st and 22nd June, may be worth keeping an eye on what existing stock of new current ones are going for.

• Like 1

My brand new 2014 Aygo just drips in from the boot lid when I open it, so if I don't need to open it fully, I hold it horizontally and chuck my stuff in then close it. Had it two months now and no major leaks apart from a little rain dripping in through the boot when I open it which is a design fault. This little car is excellent, I'm £20 better off with petrol now.