Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Dream Car - But With A Twist ......

Hoovie

OK, to the batmobile, then :)

1937 Darl'Mat coupe

302darlmatcoupe.jpg

I thought being made in 1937 gives it the right to three pics. Respect the elders n'all...

Wonder where Morgan got the Aero 8 design from?........ :rolleyes:

AeroMax%20Rearv2.jpg

Ok this is gonna be a big post..... :D :D :D :D

If I had the money I'll buy one of these..... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Kahn_Sport_RSX.jpg

Had a racing day at Mallory Park a while back through work...We where racing around in Subaru's and Formula Fords and lotus & Caterham cars....but also other's there where in older cars...Here's a few of my favourites...The Cobra was awesome and one of my all time favourites...not a 427 SC but still fast...

2006_0305MotorRacing0001.jpg

2006_0305MotorRacing0002.jpg

2006_0305MotorRacing0055.jpg

2006_0305MotorRacing0003.jpg

2006_0305MotorRacing0004.jpg

The people waiting to drive this one was very long.....

2006_0305MotorRacing0024.jpg

2006_0305MotorRacing0025.jpg

2006_0305MotorRacing0026.jpg

This is gonna sound silly, but my sister has one of these:

spyder05_03.jpg

But I have never been in it :crybaby:

and one of my Brothers has one of these:

beckspeedster-porsche356speedster.jpg

But never been in it on a summers day :crybaby: , Only on a freezng cold december day with an Icy win blowing through the gaps in the softtop fittings... Brrrr

Chatman

Did you bang your head while out on that bike? You want a LR? OK top of the range LR but it's still a LR!!!

Robert.

If you can have two goes I want another!

I used to dream of this when I was running beat up old minis;

80sprintroof2_forProfilePage400pixe.jpg

Triumph Dolomite Sprint (with the 2 litre engine and overdrive gearbox)

Chatman

Did you bang your head while out on that bike? You want a LR? OK top of the range LR but it's still a LR!!!

I know Chatman is the founding member of the MOTSBADTTWWID5DDClub, but I think it might need to be renamed the MOTSBADT TTOCRAV4Club WIWClub :eek:

Robert.

My Dad had one in the mid 70s - I remember borrowing it once; I'd had to sell my car to help raise the deposit on a house and didn't have a car myself at the time (for about five months - felt like my legs had been cut off!) Very nippy, I seem to remember! Am I right in thinking the overdrive was a switch on the top of the gear lever??

Chatman

I know Chatman is the founding member of the MOTSBADTTWWID5DDClub, but I think it might need to be renamed the MOTSBADT TTOCRAV4Club WIWClub :eek:

No banging my head today..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Still want one though.....

Hoovie...What's the WIWClub bit ;) ;) ;)

Chatman

No banging my head today..... :lol::lol::lol: Still want one though.....

Hoovie...What's the WIWClub bit ;) ;) ;)

........ TTOCRAV4Club WIWClub

....... Tell The TOC RAV4Club What I Want Club

Robert.

My Dad had one in the mid 70s - I remember borrowing it once; I'd had to sell my car to help raise the deposit on a house and didn't have a car myself at the time (for about five months - felt like my legs had been cut off!) Very nippy, I seem to remember! Am I right in thinking the overdrive was a switch on the top of the gear lever??

That was it Robert. Early Triumph 2000s had a switch on the dash but the later ones and these "dolly's" had them on the stick. The OD worked on 3rd and 4th which meant you could get 6 ratios and with practice you could change from high 3rd to low 4th as you changed the main lever. It was all part of the fun until I was old enough to master a Foden with a 12 speed box! Cab Curtains will know what I'm on about.

It was all part of the fun until I was old enough to master a Foden with a 12 speed box!

Oh, I know. I spent the summer of my 14th year parking cars in fields whilst their owners were holidaying abroad - I learned to drive one of these, which was used as the breakdown/tow truck. A wonderful character, Eric Yates, taught me how to use a "crash" gearbox. I was taught to double declutch, etc and was allowed (as a special favour) to use the clutch. Eric drove without using the clutch at all - said he could "do without the f'ing thing" Stood me in good stead driving Magirus Deutz prime movers on snow clearing runways a few years later. Driving smoothly without a clutch is a trick I can still pull off (including starting and stopping!)

HumberOneton.jpg

Happy days

That takes me back!

I've driven many miles without using the clutch. I found the trick was to try not to stop but if you did you had to start the engine in bottom gear and feather the throttle to allow you to change up the box.

Happy days........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links