Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Not Ready!

Starensis

Bought a used RAV4 for the missus just before the end of last year from a dealership which is 40 miles from my house.

Having run through a list of issues that would need to be sorted before I would accept the vehicle, we agreed to pick the car up on the 8/1/04, to allow them time to carry out the work.

On the 7th they informed me that the car would not be ready & would have it ready for today.

On arrival today, I had a quick look at the car outside & observed that some issues/items had not been done. I promptly went inside to ask for a list of work that had been carried out & after 20mins was introduced to the workshop manager.

He informed that none of the work had been carried out ( 40,000 mile service amongst many other items) & could not be done until Monday at the earliest. :angry:

What a disappointment for the missus, she was almost in tears! They must have apologised 20 times about the situation.

Anyway, they have given her a D4-D Yaris to use until Wednesday, by which time the RAV4 SHOULD be ready.

Their excuse was the vehicle had somehow disappeared of the work list & therefore has not had the work done.

The Dealership in question is Inchcape, Derby. Has anyone had any dealings with them? If so, do you feel they are genuine or not? They appeared to be very apologetic about the whole episode.

<_<

at least you have a car now .. I'd check that the work HAS been done, just not had the box ticked ..

Exactly my thoughts!! I think they may have expected me to just jump in & drive away!

I have told them that I want a full report on what has been done when I pick it up. Also informed them that everthing they have listed as "done" will be checked by my mate who is a top mechanic.

I think the whole issue was genuine! Well.....90% certain.

Inchcape Derby is where I got my Avensis from, and dad got his Camry from Inchcape Nottingham.

Whenever I have been to Derby they always seem to be a very pleasant to deal with and quite honest from what I have found.

how far are ya from chesterfield???

i take mine to gordon lamb toyota and they are pretty sound at all times, except the old giffer who works in servicing. (gets the job done spot on but just complains at modded motors - - - massive alloys, lowered suspension!! i couldnt get the bugger on the ramps!! took me half an hour to get it on and off!! now im runnin late, blah, blah, moan moan moan!!! :lol: )

:thumbsup:

Had phone call today to inform that they are ready to deliver the RAV on Wednesday!

They have done a B Schedule service + other items which were not in the schedule. They are also providing a report on what has been changed.

They have also agreed to me taking the car to another approved garage for a check over & whatever is picked up they will pay for, but he assures me that it will be in A1 condition.

I must admit they appear to have put a lot of effort in to getting this car right for Wednesday.

I'll post the outcome over the next few days!

how far are ya from chesterfield???

i take mine to gordon lamb toyota and they are pretty sound at all times, except the old giffer who works in servicing. (gets the job done spot on but just complains at modded motors - - - massive alloys, lowered suspension!! i couldnt get the bugger on the ramps!! took me half an hour to get it on and off!! now im runnin late, blah, blah, moan moan moan!!! :lol: )

:thumbsup:

chesterfield !!

I have a freind from there !! I also used to live in Derby... many a drunk night out !!

nothing to do with the topic... just thought I'd have a blab.

nothing to do with the topic... just thought I'd have a blab.

Going for the 1000 are ya jimlad ..?

Did you make it last time? - I know I got up to 1200 ..

Looks like you beat me this time (just wait for a crash and we'll have a decider)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links