Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Question

Pete046

Hi and sorry for the daft question, but am new to Rav ownership.

on reading threads on here I see reference to 4.1 4.2 and 4.3, I assume this refers to different revisions of rhe car. Could someone pleas clarify dates as to when these changed as I have a 04 model but do not have a clue as to the revision number.

Thanks

Pete

on reading threads on here I see reference to 4.1 4.2 and 4.3, I assume this refers to different revisions of rhe car. Could someone pleas clarify dates as to when these changed as I have a 04 model but do not have a clue as to the revision number.

Thanks

Pete

This is quite a good link. A bit (ok, a lot) American but it gives you the idea between the first generation (4.1), second generation (4.2) and third generation (yep, you've guessed it - 4.3):

Wikipedia RAV-4

the 4.1 was based on the 3sfe engine.

the 4.2 introduced the VVTI engine and the 4.3 was the laggard in the family if you know anything about marketing.

The 4.1 was the innovator and introduced the market to something unique - I'd never buy anything else and I have a masters degree in marketing so I know a little about the concepts.

Just read about the peripheral changes to the 4.3 to realise that its nearing the end of its product life (rage ensues so just wait....)

Thanks guys, that has made things a lot clearer, I now know mine is a 4.2 facelift

And, in my humble opinion, the best of all the RAVs :thumbsup:

Guess what I have ;)

Thanks guys, that has made things a lot clearer, I now know mine is a 4.2 facelift

Guess what I have ;)

wrong

Welcome to the forum and to Rav4 ownership, Pete046, I think you'll find it a mine of information, opinion (some strongly held!) and useful facts. I'd agree with Hoovie - my better half's Rav4.2 is a delicious looking car, arguably better to look at than my 4.3 (and believe me, I love my Rav4) You've chosen well and I wish you happy motoring :driving:

Don't forget to post some photos here

Thanks

Pete

Have a look at post No 6 in here;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...hl=recreational

Guess what I have ;)

Hoovie I do agree :)

Robert I will post pictures later.

Anchorman that it a great post, thanks

Pete

I am thinking of getting one for the wife,(no not a4.2) A FACELIFT :lol:

I am thinking of getting one for the wife,(no not a4.2) A FACELIFT :lol:

I like it :lol: I trust she does not read your posts on here :eek:

No but she will be doing if I don't get £100 a week into my Icelandic bank account...........

Doh!

Guess what I have ;)

wrong

agreed!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links