Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Jets

D1 gUNN

I have heard that it is possible to get windscreen washer nozzles that spray the window at a different angle to the original nozzles.

First of all is this true and if so where do you find such things.

I asked my local Toyota garage but so far no news back and its been a month.

cheers.

I have heard that it is possible to get windscreen washer nozzles that spray the window at a different angle to the original nozzles.

First of all is this true and if so where do you find such things.

I asked my local Toyota garage but so far no news back and its been a month.

cheers.

Its a warranty job and yet another cheap thing wrong with the Auris, they come in 3 angles -5, 0 and +5, I had to tell the dealer about it and they should sort it our fairly quickly for you.

85381-12330 0 Degree angle

85381-12340 -2 Degree angle

85381-12350 +2 Degree angle

I wouldnt agree its another cheap thing gone wrong, they are just not adjustable, due to the material they are made of, it has a much more powerful jet than the old style adjustable nozzles

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got mine serviced for the 1st time, and asked for the washer jets to be changed so they jet higher up the screen when the car was in motion.

When the dealer called to say the car was ready, I asked about the washer jets and they said they had no record of the request, but would adjust them any way. I queried that they could not be adjusted on the Auris, and was told that they could be and it did not need a replacement part. Funnily enough they are exactly the same as when they went in! (Also they filled in a petrol checkilst for a diesel car, but thats another story...)

Sorry to reply to myself, but just had an interesting call from Mr.T regarding my washer jets. Apparently it's an issue they are aware of, but no solution has been found - until I educated him with the above part numbers. He defended himself by claiming it could not be done under warranty, but I'll wait and see what another garage has to say first.

Sorry to reply to myself, but just had an interesting call from Mr.T regarding my washer jets. Apparently it's an issue they are aware of, but no solution has been found - until I educated him with the above part numbers. He defended himself by claiming it could not be done under warranty, but I'll wait and see what another garage has to say first.

Hi Weebo

I had the same problem with my dealers months ago, regarding the washer jets ,

they flatly refused to change them , claiming that they are not aware of any problems with the washer jets , and because in their opinion they work perfectly fine, , they are not covered under warranty, however as others on the forum can tell you as well , it all comes down to which dealers you are using, because some are changing them under warranty with out any problems and some like yours and mine are refusing ,

you are doing the right thing in phoning other dealers , ask if they can change the washer jets under warranty and if not , try another.

The +2 degrees are the ones which hit highest on the screen.

Kingo's post will give you the correct part numbers , :thumbsup:

Have they started to supply the +2° as standard? I'm only asking as on my 58 plate the washer jets seem fine. From sitting on the drive to 70mph+ on the motorway, I get good coverage of the screen.

Have they started to supply the +2° as standard? I'm only asking as on my 58 plate the washer jets seem fine. From sitting on the drive to 70mph+ on the motorway, I get good coverage of the screen.

NO some people are perfectly happy with the 0 degree jets, others want the jet higher, its a personal thing!

I had extremely good service from my local dealer (RRG Stockport) on this point. The Assistant Aftersales manager looked at the standard washers, agreed they were unsatisfactory and immediately ordered +2 degree replacements under warranty. Ten minute job and now I'm perfectly happy with them.

BTW he's also trying to find a satisfactory spare wheel for my SR180.

• 4 months later...

Well my car has been in for a third time. I was told it could be done under warranty and that the jets would be replaced. Howver when I collected it, they said they didn't need replacing as they squirted high enough up the windscreen. However I still cant get enough liquid towrds the top of the screen to avoid smears when driving 45 +. I went through the whole reservoir trying to keep the screen clear on a 500 mile trip the other week, taking every oppurtunity at a roundaboout I could! I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried everything including giving dealers part numbers. I can't take the car elsewhere anymore as all the dealers nearby are the same group.

The car was also booked in to have wiper rubber replaced (apparently the cost would be covered under my maintenence contract :unsure: ) , but they were only cleaned. Needless to say the smear marks are still causing grief. I'm pretty certain it did get the ECU upgrade it was also booked in for though.

Wow, this is all really interesting! :o

I collected my new 09 Auris SR on Thursday & noticed that over a certain speed the washers weren't reaching my windscreen!

I notified my local dealer the next day & the salesman seemed to think that they were fixed & there was nothing more they could do.....I will definitely be popping in tomorrow to enquire about the part number for the +2 degree angle.

Thanks for the info!

:thumbsup:

The auris is my wifes car and the difference between the washer on it and on my 06 avensis is unbelieveable. Just mentioned this last thurs to my local dealer and they said no way to fix it. I will def pursue it further. Thanks.

Hi guys

Just to let you know that I have spoken to my local Toyota dealer regarding the washer problems & they are replacing them under warranty - they have ordered me a knew set to be fitted on Wednesday! :D

Worth persevering with I think, keep on at them and they should sort it out for you.

:thumbsup:

How to explain.....

Well, the washers have to spray frome under the hood, over the wiper arms and on to the windshield.

The problem is when the spray hits the wiper arms, when you are driving "fast". Then after the spray, some washer fluid comes up in the end of the long wiper arm and drops hit the windshield.

With 10mm lower wiper arms, they lay closer to the body of the car/windshield, and the spray goes over the arms when you are driving....

Did anyone understand that???? :blush:

How to explain.....

Well, the washers have to spray frome under the hood, over the wiper arms and on to the windshield.

The problem is when the spray hits the wiper arms, when you are driving "fast". Then after the spray, some washer fluid comes up in the end of the long wiper arm and drops hit the windshield.

With 10mm lower wiper arms, they lay closer to the body of the car/windshield, and the spray goes over the arms when you are driving....

YES!! I did :yahoo: What's the part number and will Toyota change those arms under warranty?

Best regards, Alex

Hmmmm :g:

The wiper arm part numbers have been superceeded, so it is quite possible they have made the changes as described, however there are no plus 3 degree washer jets on my system

Will post part numbers tomorrow.

Parts King, have I found out something you don`t know about!!!

:toast:

Changed them under warranty on my car, so toyota norway does it.

Don`t know about other countries, but my guess is that it is the same all over?

Changed them under warranty on my car, so toyota norway does it.

Hope it's the same everywhere... Have you found those new wiper arms helpful?

I have +2 jets (I think, I had the original ones and upgraded them to the ones that

hit the windscreen higher, so they are +2 if the originals were 0 and not -2).

Just wondering will there be any difference in my case if I'll get arms changed,

and should I upgrade to +3 jets too?

Best regards, Alex

Well our catalogue system is the same Europe wide, if they were listed in Norway, they should be here too............but I have checked our current listings and it is the same as it always has been, (-2 0 +2) I would be interested in the part numbers if you have them ;)

I have checked our current listings and it is the same as it always has been, (-2 0 +2)

Which are the ones coming from factory? -2 or 0?

Best regards, Alex

How to explain.....

Wow! :o

I asked because!

That's my biggest problem with my Auris! I never use the washers when I'm going fast because I have to re-activate the wipers to get the washer liquid drops off of the windshield all the time!

I'm calling the dealer tomorrow for this!

Thank you brother!

My new Auris SR has very low profile wipers - they look very much wider than they are high and the profile of the backs is triangular.

Is there a spot on the windscreen where water is supposed to hit e.g. if the car is stationary?

I once had a Honda and the manual said exactly where the water was to go if they were correctly positioned - these ones may have been adjustable - if it's fixed and not broken then there is probably only one spot.

Kind regards

Aur1s