Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon Upgrade

gar

Hi, has anyone here tried the xenon upgrades to thier Yaris headlights at all?

I have seen some on eBay, that can be easily fitted/removed and come with the ballasts, wiring and bulbs, that just plug in to the standard bulb holders. You just need to find a secure place to fix the ballasts to. They are waterproof and have a far length of cable, so that shouldnt be difficult. Givin the fairly poor lighting on the Yaris and the removability, in order to fit to your next vehicle (H4 bulb equiv.) I recon they are a good bet.

Which kit have you got? I am also thinking of getting one, I want some better lighting for the winter. May just get some philips bright whites for the time being.

got them fitted in mine, 6000k, look good and amazing on unlit roads - a deffo improvment!

id love some hid's too, got nice new sidelights which look sweeet. now my 'bluevision bulbs' look crap :(

i got mine from hidsdirect on eBay but i might be able to get you some from hids4u that my mate got, but he dont want any more

6k go well with a set of white led side lights :-D

I got a set of HID's off eBay (from hong kong). they were quite cheap. I got them 5000k 55w (35w are the normal for road legal, dont know if 55w are legal but i still got them anyway, and I've got a massive beam power :)

btw they are H4 dual beam

I got a set of HID's off ebay (from hong kong). they were quite cheap. I got them 5000k 55w (35w are the normal for road legal, dont know if 55w are legal but i still got them anyway, and I've got a massive beam power :)

What sort of price have you people paid for these?

I got a set of HID's off ebay (from hong kong). they were quite cheap. I got them 5000k 55w (35w are the normal for road legal, dont know if 55w are legal but i still got them anyway, and I've got a massive beam power :)

What sort of price have you people paid for these?

paid 85sterling including postage from hong kong...not expensive

been about 5months now that I have them and I had no probs..

• 2 weeks later...

I realise that people are talking about "HID" upgrades in this thread, but I've just put a set of Phillips Extreme Power +80% ordinary H4 xenon bulbs into my new Yeris SR. They were just £15 and are absolutely excellent for a "standard" bulb upgrade. They come out top of the latest Autoexpress test - beating even the new Osram and Ring "+90%" offerings.

What's even better about them is that the base and tip of the bilb are chromed, so they look great in the headlamp unit. Combined with chromed indicator bulbs, its a really great improvement to the look of the car from the front. Even my wife noticed the difference.

I've got the H7 versions in my Audi A3 and they're just about as effective as the HIDs I had in there prevoiusly.

I took my HID upgrades out of my A3 because the ballasts were causing electrical noise on the Canbus network and that was killing the wiper motor electronics. I''ve been through five wiper motors on the A3 in two years - and now others on the Audi forum have confirmed that its electrical noise from the aftermarket ballasts that's done it. Now the car's out of warranty and Audi aren't going to replace the motors any more for free, its not worth the risk...

Interestingly, the new Yaris has a Canbus network too so there's just a possibility that some of you might start suffering in the future....