Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help 92 Toyots Paseo 5-speed, Shaking Bucking On First Gear

TPaseo92

PLEASE HEP :crybaby:

OK, so my 92 Paseo has been bucking and shaking in first gear, in idle the car engine runs smooth as a bell, seems like once i put the gear knob into the first position the engine starts to run rough, like skipping, once i start to take off the car starts to buck/bounce and smells of raw gas from the exhaust, i have to push down the clutch and race the engine to get it back running smooth, if i take off in second gear its fine, but it bucks in third too? very wierd, seems like a timing advance problem?

at times the car will just go fine.. can anyone answer any of the following questions.l

please if anyone can help. might this be a bad PCV?

seems like the engine is skipping out and flooding or something like that?

is there any sort of sensor that advances the timing when i put it in gear?

might the the timing be off a slight bit?

or might this be some sort of vacuum leak problem?

Jon

• 1 month later...

ok im still having this problem, but now its read bad. iv been told this could be a bad fuel injector or bad fuel pressure regulator. im thinking of going out to a junk yard and getting a fuel rail with the injectors and FPR in one piece and just changing mine out with the used one.

any advice would be very nice. please. i want to try to waste as little money as possible as the holidays are coming up fast.

Jon

i was told that this car does not store codes, also the check engine light has never came on.

last week i left the car running outside, during this time it must have went into its skipping mode. when i came out-side the car was stalled and there was a puddle of raw gas on the ground behind the exhaust pipe, so it must have unburned gas running straight threw the engine. i was told this could be a fuel injector stuck open or a bad fuel pressure regulator. makes sense to me. but?

im really hoping its not an internal engine problem, like a valve sticking or something like that.

Jon

ok, so iv replaced the fuel pressure regulator, and its still getting way to much gas, might this be a bad fuel pump?

it seems like its just dumping gas into the engine, its smoking and smells real bad of gas from the exhaust, its running like its skipping and all, all the wires have spark and is getting PLRNTY of gas, like on the gas gauge where i would get 100 miles im only getting 10 and its running just awful.

any advice?

Jon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links