Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

Really? Thanks! And you quoted my post sooo nicely, it's made all the difference!

Best regards, Alex

I know, if you you view it from a distance, well several miles, it looks quite sporty ! ;)

DD

OH YES, I know that the sportyness of my car can be seen from very far away, and heard

also ;)

Best regards, Alex

OH YES, I know that the sportyness of my car can be seen from very far away, and heard

also ;)

Best regards, Alex

Alex, don't pay attention to this crackhead! He is such a petty whiner, I almost feel sorry for him. He's one of those @$$holes that until noon are mad to themselves and in the afternoon - to the whole damn world! Your car looks awesome. Don't know why he hasn't been banned from this forum for p1$$ing and $#itting in every toppic possible! :censor:

Best regards,

Svet

also ;)

Best regards, Alex

Alex, don't pay attention to this crackhead! He is such a petty whiner, I almost feel sorry for him. He's one of those @$$holes that until noon are mad to themselves and in the afternoon - to the whole damn world! Your car looks awesome. Don't know why he hasn't been banned from this forum for p1$$ing and $#itting in every toppic possible! :censor:

Best regards,

Svet

Yepp I know, was just bored and wanted to have a small conversation with him :) He's been warned because of his behaviour!

BTW don't have that shark fin anymore, just tried how it'll fit but didn't really attach it, have some different antenna at the moment and like it very much. Will post some pics when I'll get them ready :)

Best regards, Alex

Best regards, Alex

Best regards,

Svet

Yepp I know, was just bored and wanted to have a small conversation with him :) He's been warned because of his behaviour!

BTW don't have that shark fin anymore, just tried how it'll fit but didn't really attach it, have some different antenna at the moment and like it very much. Will post some pics when I'll get them ready :)

Best regards, Alex

For your information Diesel Drinker lots of people have complained so don't jump to conclusions. You are on extremely thin ice if not already through it.

You will not be allowed to post on these forums unless you do it in a civil manner. It might be a good idea if you stay away and then you can at least say you left rather than got kicked out.

Final warning.

Removed LED lights from the inside, have only one left (in the trunk). Removed mudflaps. Also changed my antenna to some custom 7cm black one with a bit of chrome/silver at the top. Don't have my diadem-blinkers neither, have SilverVisions from Philips now. Added "Cosmos Blue" high beam bulbs from MTEC. Will wax it with AutoGlym "Super Resin Polish" + "Extra Gloss Protection" when I'll have time and the weather will be fine.

Later I am planning to make some changes to my Double Din installation to make it look better. I am also going to design some better enclosure for the subwoofer (to make it fit in the middle of my spare wheel). Now the whole enclosure is just laying in the spare wheel's section and I'm driving without a spare. Will have to hide the amplifier somewhere also and make everything look a bit better and cleaner... Hope I'll have time and energy to do all that during the summer!

Best regards, Alex

Took some pics to show you how my car looks with SilverVision blinker bulbs and the new antenna:

auris32e.jpg

auris33u.jpg

auris34i.jpg

Best regards, Alex

More pictures ready now:

auris32.jpg
auris34.jpg
auris35.jpg
auris37.jpg

Removed mudflaps.
Are you willing to sell them? :D

Car looks shiny, mate! :thumbsup:

P.S. What are those, Alex? :help:

post-71851-1240933601_thumb.jpg

The black one is the plug for the engine pre heater from Defa as stated above somewhere. The one under the headlight is the headlight washer.

Removed mudflaps.

Are you willing to sell them? :D

Car looks shiny, mate! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the compliment my friend :)

I am not sure about selling mudflaps yet, as I don't really have experiences of driving without them.

Want to see will my car get more dirty like this etc... But at least it looks better now and there's one more reason

why I'm not very interested to keep them:

I think you should know about it before considering to buy them: The point where the edge of the mudflap touches the car

gets scratched a bit by all the dirt which is between the mudflap and the car as the mudflap is moving a bit all the time...

But it can be noticed only if you'll remove the mudflaps :)

The black one is the plug for the engine pre heater from Defa as stated above somewhere. The one under the headlight is the headlight washer.

You are absolutely right, thanks :)

Best regards, Alex

Oh, I do wanna buy them, trust me! :D I really like the way car looks with them and am hoping I can keep my rear window (the one on the hatch) and the side of the car at least a little bit cleaner during those $#itty days. :thumbsup:

Oh, I do wanna buy them, trust me! :D I really like the way car looks with them and am hoping I can keep my rear window (the one on the hatch) and the side of the car at least a little bit cleaner during those $#itty days. :thumbsup:

Okay I will contact you after about a month and will inform you whether I'm going to sell them or no... But I think that I won't need them anymore!

Hope it's ok for you, because I need some time to drive and look how will the fact that I removed them affect on the dirtyness of my car. Just to make sure I won't have to regret later that I sold them too early you know... :)

Best regards, Alex

I'm not in a hurry :P

Regards,

Svet

• 3 weeks later...

HEY ALEX

You have a great car there. Looks like youve spent a lot of time and money on it!!

Seen your name pop up in nearly every post!

So if i need advice i knw who 2 askk! :P

xx

Thanks for the compliment rach!

Yepp you're right, I'm spending too much time on this forum and spent a small fortune on the car,

and do still have many interesting new plans regarding tuning my ride. The good thing is that now

I'm going to mainly improve what's allready installed so it will become a bit cheaper than what I

did last spring/summer. But some painting and parts will be still required, so... Here we go again! :lol:

You're welcome, ask anything that will pop up to your mind and I'll try to help you out the best I can :)

Best regards, Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man, it's always better when I'm not the only one who likes it! :)

Best regards, Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Hi alex

sorry for my english but i am from greece and don't speak very good the language.

your auris is very nice and i belive is one of te most beautiful i have see..

1) i want to ask you if the air filter you placement alone, how it cost and it is exactly for auris or not?

2) the exaust you change, only the final piece or the final and one piece whice is in te centre of the car?

thanks for the answer....

Hello Panoshro, welcome on TOC!

Thanks for your compliment!

There's nothing wrong with your english as I did understand what you ment, and that's most important :)

I installed the air filter which is not for Auris, it is universal, so you have to choose the correct size to fit

Auris' airpipe (to which you attach the filter). It cost me abour 100€ to buy the filter. The whole installation

process can be done without the help of an expert, you just have to know what you're doing. I suggest you to

search the Internet for instructions on how to make custom air filter installation, after that you will understand better

what has to be done and how to do it :)

Here you can see the exact part I installed. So yes, I changed only the final part.

The installation was very easy!

9040070504.gif

Best regards, Alex

1. this air filter is dry right? the kn isn't dry right? you belive is better the dry?

2. you don't have any problem when you place it? like check engine problem?

3.when you replace the exaust you have difference with the sound i see and the video (youtube) but i don't hear very well..

i want to change the exaust and want to have a little more sound especialy when i am 3500-4500r/m

Thanks for the help.... :rolleyes:

Yes my filter is dry. It is more safe for the engine but some people say it doesn't provide as big power increase as oiled filter. However this doesn't matter as my filter is just for sound (don't have turbo engine) :)

Using dry filter will also save you from oiling the filter. K&N filter has to be oiled, yes. I chose Apexi dry filter because I think it's better than "wet" filter. I cannot get extra power from my car with filter and dry is safer and more easy to use, this is why I have it!

I haven't had any problems until now. I've installed my filter approximately one year ago, didn't get chech engine or other error messages and my car has been working normally in all ways, no problems with the engine so far also...

With Remus exhaust you will have more sporty sound on all revs compared to universal exhaust, but especially on high revs (3500->). I have to say that it won't be too loud and you won't hear the difference inside the car very well, but it will sound very sporty and good if you will listen from outside the car. I like that.

With some other exhausts the situation may be different as they can be too loud. That isn't very good as it makes you look stupid (only my opinion) and it can be disturbing if you're making long trip (especially on Auris which has high revs allready @110km/h). I don't know, if I could choose, maybe I'd buy a bit louder silencer so that I'd be able to hear it inside the car also, but on the other hand... Maybe it'd be boring. When you are buying such thing as exhaust you never know what will you get untill you install it and try (except if your friend allready has same exhaust on same car which you have). I was lucky to get maybe a bit too quiet exhaust than too loud. It's always better that way :)

I think that if you have money, you should go for it and order both, air filter and exhaust. They are good mods and will make you like your car more. You will be able to listen to the sound of your filter when sitting inside the car, and the exhaust will provide good sound outside the car!

Best regards, Alex

• 2 months later...

It's nothing difficult really, you just have to locate and open the hatch which is inside your trunk.

ceaed0d59574.jpg

Then find a plastic triangle which is holding the bulbs. It is grey and there's a white connector attached to it.

4f8f9d0f0c06.jpg

Press the red clips towards each other to release the locking mechanism.

6d4523d2e78e.jpg

Pull triangle out without stopping to press the red clips. (Do not remove the triangle from your car totally like in this picture, as you will be able to change the bulb without doing it).

b78ba8f1aabf.jpg

Now you are ready to remove the bulb. Press it a bit and turn, the bulb will pop out.

Afterwards repeat the procedure in reverse order.

Good luck with your project, post some pics of your new reverse light when you're ready ;)

Best regards, Alex