Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing My Auris!

Speed_Chaser

Many things have changed since the last time, so I guess it's time for an update...

Car has been waxed using the following method. Maybe someone will find this usefful!

Washed using car mitt and strong solvent. Did this 2 times to get it clean enough.
autospa-wash-mitt-300px.jpg
One coat of Dodo Juice Lime Prime to prepare the surface and make it even cleaner. This can be left on the surface overnight for better effect (car needs to be stored in the garage obviously).
DDJ-DJLPL250_MED.jpg

Two coats of Collinite 476s Super Double Coat Wax.
COL-476S_MED.jpg

Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care on the mats, outside plastic surfaces, tyres and engine bay plastics.
090_886.jpg

Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal on the rims and exhaust.
Autoglym_Alloy_Wheel_Seal_450ml_096.711.

The end result:
nostrut.jpg

wax3.jpg

wax1.jpg

wax2.jpg

Here is the list of added parts and modifications:

Wiechers-sport adjustable front strut bar
strut1.jpg

strut2.jpg

Cusco rear sway bar (wrapped in black vinyl for a stealthier look)
cuscosway.jpg

Amber footwells, door handle lights and backlit compartment under the gearstick
lights2q.jpg

lights3e.jpg

lights1x.jpg

Non-EU licence plates without screw holes, attached using custom plate frames for a clean and simple look. Devil horns above the Toyota Badge can be seen on the second picture.
general5p.jpg

devilplates.jpg

Grey steering wheel's centre position indicator stripe
stripeh.jpg

3rd brake light mod
brakelightmod.jpg

Custom keyring
keyringk.jpg

Cigarette lighter's cover from an Opel biggrin.png
ciglighter.jpg

Reverse light and rear blinker position swap
p1010200hs.jpg

MTEC dimpled, grooved and black coated brake discs + Black Diamond Predator brake pads. Also removed the centre caps from my rims.
p1010219a.jpg

Short shifter

Before:
vaihdekeppipitk.jpg

After:
vaihdekeppilyhyt.jpg

And some general pictures of the current look:
general1wd.jpg
general2n.jpg
general3.jpg
general4o.jpg
general6x.jpg
general7.jpg

Never seen a short-shifter on a non-manual gearbox before ! I guess you must like using it in manual mode ?

I'm ordering a set of Mtec grooved rear discs for fitment in the Spring, how would you rate the Black Diamond pads ?

I'm liking the overall look :thumbsup:

Yup always in manual, that's why I wanted to shorten it. Also looks much smarter to me without that long thin metal stick :)

Wether you'll like the pads or not depends on your preferences I guess. They suit my needs as they're made for fast street driving and are providing extremely small amount of dust. I've been experiencing some small squeaks when approaching a full stop but much less now after driving with this setup for a while. I guess it's just matter of time until the squeaks will be gone for good. At least that's how it went with my original discs/pads after I bought the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Alex

Does the original factory fitted radio/6 cd changer have a provision for remote cable that links with the audio amp?

I believe that you'll be able to do that only using some sort of adapter.

Speed_Chaser

The remote cable is from the back of the radio,it should switch on and off the audio amp when ever you either switch on or off the main radio...the remote cable makes the amp to completely depend on the radio.

I just put some LED strips on the backsides of the handles and routed the wires inside the door. Nothing too difficult and there's just enough space for the wires.

Indeed they are. Bright enough to be seen even in daylight, but not as bright as fog lights so they are friendly for an oncoming traffic :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yea mate got one pic of the "inside". It's pretty easy to do...

Just find the power source and route the wires inside the door and bring them close to the handle. You can see the rest from the picture. Afterwards I made it look even cleaner by removing a bit of the strip so it's not bent at all now. Wire fits just nicely to where it is and sits there even when the handle is being used without the need to secure it.

Hope this helps! smile.png

closeupdoorled.jpg

I got the H11 LED bulbs in my fog light, but i think 1 of my bulbs are dodgy, keeps turning off.

They are bright. but doesn't give out to much distance light in the dark...

I was kinda thinking of yellow ones... any suggestion?

LEDs are mostly not made to see, they're made to be seen. If you need distance you should use some other type of bulbs.

Yellow ones are kinda nice and quite popular. You can do them by using bulbs or even film if you want the "yellow glass" look. I prefer more stealth style so I went for a complete colour match :)

Apexi Dual Funnel air filter ? What size can fit the Toyota Auris pipe work?

Sorry mate cannot remember as I bought it allready some years ago. You will have to measure the pipe where it's connected to the airbox.

hey speedchaser.

your work on the door open handles is looking good.

how did you manage it?

are the led stripes now feelable?

regards northi

Hi Northi and thanks :)

Please see one of my post on the previous page for more information about the install. If you don't know that the strips are there, you cannot really feel them because they cover the whole inside of the handle.

Going to do yours too?

• 1 month later...

No mate sorry, don't have any close-ups. But you can find plenty of pics on the internet though :) I'm running 1.6 petrol, not a d-cat...

• 1 month later...

IMO Finland is the best in almost everything; f1,rally,DEATH METAL,nature,alcohol...and they have speedchaser.

Great car, great guy.

Have you tried to do something with the awfull hazard switch (paint or replace),how to pull it out without breaking it?

• Like 1

Lol thanks karlo, that's one of the best compliments I've ever heard :D

Hazard switch... Well, I'm not amazed that you're asking about that ugly button which is getting even worse day by day because it is becoming pink :lol: Actually doing something to it is one of the next things on my mod list. We just discussed the switch with other guys here. There is a replacement but it will be cheaper to paint the old one, I'll post the results here when I'll get it done during the summer, so stay tuned!

To remove the switch you need to remove the top air vent and then disconnect the switch and push it out, so nothing too complicated.

Thanks,will try to remove it.although mine doesn't have that pretty top "thing",vent or cover.

If I succeed in removing and painting before you ,will post a pic.

No problem, it shouldn't matter if you have the vent there or not, as the top unit structure is still the same.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Done it,put some carbon foil on it.Will paint it properly when I find the time.

I would probably break something if it wasn't for your help,

thanx.

If I knew how to upload a pic...