Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio System

supafly

I want to add a sub to the back of my Yaris or maybe some extra Speakers. Does anyone know how to do it with the least amount of damage or trouble?

I bought an RCA converter to connect to the standard head unit, but im not sure if its the best way. Does anyone know how to connect up an RCA converter?

B)

I want to add a sub to the back of my Yaris or maybe some extra speakers. Does anyone know how to do it with the least amount of damage or trouble?

I bought an RCA converter to connect to the standard head unit, but im not sure if its the best way. Does anyone know how to connect up an RCA converter?

B)

you could do this:-

the std stereo has the dash Speakers as the front channel and the door Speakers as the rear channel.

you need to connect up the dash and doors to run as a front channel alone and you can then use say a set of 6x9's and run them off the rear channel. Also connect the RCA adaptor to the rear channel ouput and then connect that to the amp.

For an alternative some amps are capable of using high level inputs straight from an OE headunit so you dont need the RCA adaptor!

NOTE, do not connect your standard channels directly into the RCA of the Amp

NOTE, do not connect your standard channels directly into the RCA of the Amp

yes or your amp will emit some expensive blue smoke!

:blink:

I'd suggest adding extra Speakers before putting a sub in. A pair (or two pairs like I've got in mine) of mid range Speakers or 6x9s on the back shelf with an amp sound pretty good - and you can always add a sub or two later if you want to. Fitting lots of Speakers onto the standard shelf may be a bit tricky with the contours, so your best bet would be to build a replacement shelf using MDF and acoustic cloth. Cut the holes in the shelf for the speakers, then fit them underneath and cover the whole of the top with acoustic cloth (which effectively will act as a speaker grill over the holes). This keeps your nice new speakers away from thieving eyes when parked on the road.

The RCA converter should do the job. I haven't used one of these myself, but should imagine you just wire in the rear speaker outputs then plug in RCA cables to the converter box? As said by someone else, some amps do take speaker outputs - but make sure the amp is designed to work speaker output - if it isn't you risk blowing the head unit and/or amp. Most amps I've seen that take speaker output have both RCA inputs AND speaker wire inputs to give you the choice. Whoever supplied/supplies the amp and RCA converters should be able to confirm if they will work together or not. Adding a new head unit will give you more control over the sound, but will cost you - so if you're on a budget then the RCA converters might be the way forward.

• 1 year later...

hey guys, wanting to fit an amp to my OE cd player in my yaris, but there isn't any audio lead connections on the back of the set! is there somewhere i can get an adapter or something that will make this work?

there is an adaptor at Halfords..

although i just found out what wires are the speaker out wires (very easy to find out) and cut them up like a turkey