Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr180 Diesel Tuning Chip

speedbird350

hmmm can anyone back up the claim by the remapper to say the ECU re-adjusts itself?

No they dont, otherwise they would be redundant after a short while, ask anybody who has had one installed, they still get there added MPG and smoother drive

Kingo :thumbsup:

Cheers

How long would I have to wait before I get no grunt and left with added MPG and smoother ride? Certainly not worth the extra insurance premium if I lost the added BHP.............

I've read in other places on this Toyota forum that others have installed similar Tuning Boxes and been running with them for 2 years and 7 years with no problems. So hopefully I will be problem free with mine..............

All positive. How long was yours fitted before you got the ECU light come on and have high idle revs?
Every 24hours.

Looking at your photos I think I plugged mine into the wrong place (the socket on the right of your photo in the middle of the engine) :o

All positive. How long was yours fitted before you got the ECU light come on and have high idle revs?
Every 24hours.

Looking at your photos I think I plugged mine into the wrong place (the socket on the right of your photo in the middle of the engine) :o

screenshot018r.jpg

This one, yeah don't know what that does but definitely the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops!

I'm surprised it even worked for you John :)

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst I do not have a Tunit solution fitted and I am in no way promoting the product, I found this (on page 4) and thought it interesting:

http://www.tunit.com/newsletter/summer2008.pdf

An Auris 180 with 190.5bhp and 346lb/ft without an increase in boost pressure...

Nice find

I like the idea the tunit guys did some serious testing to calibrate it properly. The unit is a lot of money but it sounds like a contender now.

As for the fact the chipped sr180 can keep up with a Porsche 996 Carrera 4 - i can't believe that

Nice find

I like the idea the tunit guys did some serious testing to calibrate it properly. The unit is a lot of money but it sounds like a contender now.

As for the fact the chipped sr180 can keep up with a Porsche 996 Carrera 4 - i can't believe that

Only to 100mph, then the Porsche gets going....

Remember the TMS Auris 180 project? - that managed 200bhp, so maybe Tunit could get that or more with further tuning, twin exhaust, etc. I'm sure there is more potential in this 2.23 d-cat engine.

A few months ago one of the Japanese mags got their 180 on a rolling road, it was getting 180+ bhp as standard although the torque was a bit down. Thing I like about the Tunit is the 150 bhp power is over a longer rev band 2000-5000, nice.

Dammit, just had the knockback from the company the car is leased from. neither the lease company nor the NHS will allow me to remap or fit a tuning box :(

There's a bit more info here that gives the before and after performance figures.

Interestingly, the before figures aren't that bad considering the engine is not yet "run in" with only 163bhp/281lbft.

http://www.tunit.com/resource/press_releases/toyotaauris.pdf

Speed (mph) Standard (sec) Tunit equipped (sec)

0-30_________2.983__________2.824

0-60_________7.778__________7.371

0-100-_______22.276_________20.706

Quarter mile__16.152sec@85.51mph _____15.907sec@90.63mph

That would certainly be a noticeable difference. Good to finally see 1/4mile times as well, gives me something to aim for on Sunday!

Yours should be quicker than their standard map as yours has a 16bhp gain and torque gain from stock.

i meant there stock was only 167bhp and 285lb/ft (from memory)

there 0-60 was 7.7sec and 1/4 16sec from the low stock

So yours putting out more at stock should be a little quicker. And quicker still than their figures with their chip.

Ah right gotcha! Dont worry I'll be reporting back what I do on Sunday!

Remember to rev to 2000 before dropping the clutch or you'll go no where fast....

Dont you worry about that son ;)

Personally I think it can take a fair bit more than 2k thanks to the 245 width tyres. Gotta remember the revs will dip when I sidestep the clutch ;)

I would seriously consider starting off in 2nd and get the revs right up if you are racing t-sports without a chip.

A few times wont hurt the expensive to replace parts ;)

Funny you should say that. Had been thinking about it cos I often do 2nd gear starts in traffic thanks to the very very short 1st gear.

There's a bit more info here that gives the before and after performance figures.

Interestingly, the before figures aren't that bad considering the engine is not yet "run in" with only 163bhp/281lbft.

http://www.tunit.com/resource/press_releases/toyotaauris.pdf

Speed (mph) Standard (sec) Tunit equipped (sec)

0-30_________2.983__________2.824

0-60_________7.778__________7.371

0-100-_______22.276_________20.706

Quarter mile__16.152sec@85.51mph _____15.907sec@90.63mph

Just for comparison for T/SR180 owners who have migrated from a T-Sport 189bhp 1210kg, the early "on stilts" T-Sport managed:

0-30 in 3.1 secs

0-60 in 7.3 secs

0-100 in 18.6 secs (this sounds right as Evo mag have the Celica T-Sport 1215kg at 18.7 secs)

and 1/4 mile in 15.8 secs @ 92.1 mph

(according to Top Gear mag)

So the figures reported on the 1450kg 190.5bhp Tunit version sound very promising, only 2 secs behind to 100mph and similar performance from stationary up to 90mph. Imagine what a standard 175bhp car chipped/tuned to 212 bhp would do as many suppliers advertise? And ofcourse with all that torque there is no need to go about "gunning" with your T-Sport sitting in a low gear at 4000rpm.....it gets my vote.

Well I managed a 15.9 at best. Most were 16.0 to 16.1

Well I managed a 15.9 at best. Most were 16.0 to 16.1

Nice one, lad.

Sounds about right with yours in the 180s bhp. Toyota claim 16.3 sec for 0-400 metres (1/4 mile) for standard 175 bhp and their figures are generally on the low side.

John thats an impressive time

With a good driver a t-sport could get half a second quicker but its not something everyone can achieve. So with your slower, less powered, heavier diesel car you've pulled a rabbit out of the hat there, nice one.

Imagine the time with a decent chip to extend the power band!

Shows that to 90 theres not much in it. I would be VERY interested to see a rolling start time.

Thanks lads. my print out actually had a 15.3 on it but I figure its a mistake, theres no way it would have done half a second quicker once. Surely?!

Did you go against any other t180's / t-sports / celica's etc ?

What were other models running ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links