Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Long Life Service?

irishjay

My avensis was serviced at 38,500 , it now has 47,000 , im in Ireland and the car was bought from a hire company in England by a car dealer friend of mine , the man who sold it said the car had a long life service at 38k and therefore wouldent need one until 58k !! is this true ?????ive never heard of a long life service before??? and if it exsists what does it consist of??????????

Services are every 10,000 miles or 12months whichever comes first.

I think he was talking tripe there.

It will be due a service pretty soon.

Mart :)

Services are every 10,000 miles or 12months whichever comes first.

I think he was talking tripe there.

It will be due a service pretty soon.

Mart :)

cheerz mart , one question,,,my friend is a mechanic he can service the car and stamp the book but if he service the car with non toyota parts(air , oil and fuel filter) will this affect the warranty????

As above every service at 10,000 mile intervals.

Odd numbers at 10, 30 & so on being oil change & check over of car.

Evens every 20, 40 & 60 require major service with all filters being changed & cambelt change at 60,000 miles.

Have heard of long life service on VAG group but never on Toyota.

Maybe he means your long life service is the major service every 20,000 miles ???????????

Yes it will affect the warranty.

To carry on your warranty without going to your Toyota dealership you need to have the car serviced at a vat registered garage/dealership and genuine parts must be used.

Gen parts arent realy that expensive - its the labour/knowledge you pay most for.

Mart.

Evens every 20, 40 & 60 require major service with all filters being changed & cambelt change at 60,000 miles.

Maybe he means your long life service is the major service every 20,000 miles ???????????

Irishjay,

You wont need a cambelt change at 60k on yours as it is chain driven :)

Mart.

Irishjay,

Mart.

moonstone mart i have the avensis 1.8 54 plate t2 the local garage i bought it from said my is chain drive can you confirm this please

Irishjay,

Mart.

moonstone mart i have the avensis 1.8 54 plate t2 the local garage i bought it from said my is chain drive can you confirm this please

Yes it is chain driven.

Mart.

Irishjay,

Mart.

Yes it is chain driven.

Mart.

moonstone mart, thank your for replying to me

My avensis was serviced at 38,500 , it now has 47,000 , im in Ireland and the car was bought from a hire company in England by a car dealer friend of mine , the man who sold it said the car had a long life service at 38k and therefore wouldent need one until 58k !! is this true ?????ive never heard of a long life service before??? and if it exsists what does it consist of??????????

What I think he was probably meaning was that it had been filled with a 'long drain' oil. These are made in the same way as standard oils but with a better additive pack. Instead of having to change them at 10,000 miles, there is sufficient additives in there to deal with all the nasty stuff for 20,000 miles.

However, you still need to do the rest of the servicing at 10,000 intervals, it's just the oil that can stay in until the next service at 20,000 miles.

They tend to use long drain oils for commercial vehicles as an oil change could be as much as 35 litres at a time so the extra cost for the long drain oil is well worth it to save out on every other oil change.

thanks to everyone for replying to my query , will service it at 10,000 as suggested , and will leave the servicing until mr t has checked it over on friday lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links