Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is My Correct Engine Size

stinky minky

I bought the car described as a 2.2 but when searching on the insurance web pages it brings up 1998, so what is it and how do I know which is the correct engine size?

sounds a silly question, but I am a girl!

I bought the car described as a 2.2 but when searching on the insurance web pages it brings up 1998, so what is it and how do I know which is the correct engine size?

What year is your RAV4 as the new model shape (we refere to as 4.3) all the diesel's are mow 2.2cc. Where as older shapes like mine (model 4.2) is a 1998cc.

What year is your RAV4 as the new model shape (we refere to as 4.3) all the diesel's are mow 2.2cc. Where as older shapes like mine (model 4.2) is a 1998cc.

no its a new shape with no wheel on the back 2007 model. so I am assuming its a 2.2?

no its a new shape with on wheel on the back 2007 model. so I am assuming its a 2.2?

OK does it have Round Fog lights like this one....

Main_ToyotaRav4.jpg

If so it's a 2.2....

Also your lucky in having a spare on the back....most now don't have those now....

don't tell me its got 5 doors.....naw...please don't tell me its 5 doors!

If so, did you take out hinge insurance??

sorry? it has no wheel on the back i spelled it wrong. new shape no wheel.

hinge insurance?

yes 5 doors, I have two monsters and a dog too

hinge insurance?

gawd - things get worse...... 5 doors, no spare wheel, 2 brats and no hinge insurance. Next you'll tell me the dog doesn't have a driving licence!! I remember my dog - Spencer...puir sould went to have a long rest a year ago. Was a back seat driver. Then again, mines a 3 door so didn't have to worry about hinge insurance thank goodness.

hinge insurance?

gawd - things get worse...... 5 doors, no spare wheel, 2 brats and no hinge insurance. Next you'll tell me the dog doesn't have a driving licence!! I remember my dog - Spencer...puir sould went to have a long rest a year ago. Was a back seat driver. Then again, mines a 3 door so didn't have to worry about hinge insurance thank goodness.

and why do I need hinge insurance? the only thing to come unhinged is me and if I drink enough I don't notice!

hinge insurance?

and why do I need hinge insurance? the only thing to come unhinged is me and if I drink enough I don't notice!

You must be joking!!! :P

5 doors, 1 bonnet, 1 petrol flap, 1 flap on the water washer filler cap, 1 glovebox, 1 interior mirror, 2 external rear view mirrors, fuse lids, folding seats....think about it! How many hinges are on the car? And all of them subject to use and abuse! Must be upwards of 2 dozen hinges! Now, does your car insurance cover hinges? I doubt it. Does your house insurance ? No! And how many hinges are in the house? Dozens more I bet. How often do you service your hinges? Never is the answer!

Thats why its so important to get hinge insurance.

Perhaps the TOC will look to re-dress the market vacuum for hinge insurance?? B)

Why am I up so early? Cos the whisky fridge hinge has seized somehow and I slept last night rather than the usual hyper-activity in the early hours. Already, I've counted at least 176 hinges in the house, some of which date back more than 70 years! Many of these are critical to the efficiency of the house in the same way they are critical to your RAV4. Just imagine - your drivers door hinge could fail and the door could fall off. Now, do you have the insurance to replace the hinge?? Need I go on?? :lol: :lol:

hinge insurance?

You must be joking!!! :P

5 doors, 1 bonnet, 1 petrol flap, 1 flap on the water washer filler cap, 1 glovebox, 1 interior mirror, 2 external rear view mirrors, fuse lids, folding seats....think about it! How many hinges are on the car? And all of them subject to use and abuse! Must be upwards of 2 dozen hinges! Now, does your car insurance cover hinges? I doubt it. Does your house insurance ? No! And how many hinges are in the house? Dozens more I bet. How often do you service your hinges? Never is the answer!

Thats why its so important to get hinge insurance.

Perhaps the TOC will look to re-dress the market vacuum for hinge insurance?? B)

Why am I up so early? Cos the whisky fridge hinge has seized somehow and I slept last night rather than the usual hyper-activity in the early hours. Already, I've counted at least 176 hinges in the house, some of which date back more than 70 years! Many of these are critical to the efficiency of the house in the same way they are critical to your RAV4. Just imagine - your drivers door hinge could fail and the door could fall off. Now, do you have the insurance to replace the hinge?? Need I go on?? :lol: :lol:

no please don't go on, I definitely need a drink now, is it time? but then there would be double the amount of hinges. oh dear

• 3 weeks later...

Just read this post (bit slow I know) - brilliantly funny. Cheered up my day!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links