Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bootspace & Buggy

Simon123

We've had our Yaris now just over 3 years and find it the best car we've had (Saxo & Punto). Now my wife is

pregnant :D but do not know any other Yaris owner to ask if the boot is big enough (or not) to get a buggy in with the

parcel shelf still in position, so to hide from prying eyes. We have yet to start shopping around for any buggy (let the fun begin!)

and any advice about type to go for or avoid would be gratefully received as I really do not want to change the car at all costs.

I was in the same situation wanted to keep the yaris but when I picked up the pram I had to have the seats folded forward to get it i i would of lived with that but my wife was like where is the baby going go, so I thought it was best we had something with space and not have to mess about putting the seats back and fourth constantly, shame because I loved the yaris and it is so reliable and ecomomical, eneded up getting a bB anyway and thats got more doors and loads of space.

Hi, congratulations :)

I dont have a baby myself but I have karted my godson around with me here there and everywhere in my Yaris and he's 2 now.

We managed to fit every one of his buggies in the car with no problem. He had this massive one which did cause the parcel shelf to pop up but it didnt have to be removed. Also, I found that it was easier to just rest it on the front seat with the wheels facing the windscreen as to not scuff the interior. Also leave the boot free to put your shopping in!

Because the boot is quite an odd shape i did find that I had to try a few different positions wth it first but once I found how it fitted in snug it was absolutely fine. Obvisouly, movig the back seats forward helped too but this wasnt a problem for back seat passengers because you could create more space by moving the passenger seat forward too.

If you really dont want to geet rid of the car then its certainly possible to fit the buggy in but if you just want simplicity then you're probably best off getting something new.

Or theres always the alternative - buy a buggy to fit the car! theres some nice little models out there xx

When we started looking we found that the Quinny buzz went in the boot nice, as it comes apart ,may seem like a rave having to take it apart but it is made to be very easy to do and takes no longer than a regular type. We have now moved on to a Quinny zapp now our daughter is 2 1/2 and that looks lost in the boot. We have said that looking back, because she was early and tiny that the zapp with the Maxicosi infant car seat fitted to it would of been ok from day one, as she fitted into that car seat for ages. I hope this helps ,but it is a nightmare finding one that fits the bill. Try looking here very helpfull www.kiddicare.com :blink:

• 1 month later...

Hi Simon123, we have (had) the same problem. Our baby is due in April. We found a Phil & Ted Sport Buggy would fit in the boot lying on its side without a problem (Yaris 5 door). But would recommend that before you by anything test to see if it fits first.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

I'm considering getting an Aygo but my main concern is whether there is a chance I can fit my keyboard in (I'm a pianist and often have to take my digital piano for gigs). I know the only option would be to put back seats down and have the keyboard lie diagonally occupying both the boot space and rear of the salon. But even then I'm not sure if it would fit! Would anybody be able to tell me dimensions of the boot? 

The keyboard with the case is 138cm. 

Which Yaris? The newer versions don't have the sliding rear seats, and are significantly different (the newer Yaris is very similar to old Auris - I parked next to one a while ago and couldn't believe how similar the profile and size of the two are!).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links