Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Advice On Buying?

Richard Haggis

I've seen a 2003.black 3dr.It's manual/diesel with 82.000 on the clock. Fabric seats,inside and out immaculate,fsh/one owner. They're asking £4995.Is this a bit too much considering the mileage.What is a realistic deal?

I've seen a 2003.black 3dr.It's manual/diesel with 82.000 on the clock. Fabric seats,inside and out immaculate,fsh/one owner. They're asking £4995.Is this a bit too much considering the mileage.What is a realistic deal?

I did a search for current used cars and got the following-

Price Guide Results

We have just searched 391,078 cars on sale today, to give you the most accurate prices for a: Toyota RAV4, 2000cc, Diesel, 2003

National Pricing

National average mileage for this car is 71,440 miles

Confidence level: Fair

National average price

Private price Fair price Top price

£4,733 £5,568 £5,735

So - the mileage on the proposed car is just a little high; and the price is around average/slightly low if its a trade sale.

Things to watch for will be the things you see on here like the DMF clutch(is it too old for this?); at that mileage, suspension bushes need checked; and I'd think most else should be good. The market state might let you argue down the price a few hundred. Is the clutch new? If not, is it worn? Check tyres for signs of uneven wear.

No doubt some of our dieselly friends will be along to cover more points.

On exchange n mart site, theres 2 for sale - 1 for £5995 and one for £9995 !

good luck,