Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Start Problems

marty32

hi all

having a bit of a problem in that my celica is a bit dodgy starting when cold of late, just wondered if anyone else has encountered any problems

were as normally it turns over a couple times before firing up on the odd occasion it turns over 7 or 8 times starts but then cuts out

has happened 2 or 3 times in past month, have spoken to toyota dealer said they cant say what it is as no engine lights coming on so they cant get a fault code

are celicas known for any issues with starter motors or alternators, car has only done 44000 miles, all be it im due a service in just over a 1000 miles dont know if its just that

any ideas

cheers

It might be something stupid like dampness. Might be worth spraying your 'HT leads' with some WD40, plus check the plugs while you're at it (even though it's getting serviced soon).

My 140 has done 85k and strats no problem, still to my knowledge on the original starter motor.

cheers edwardio i was thinking might be the plugs must admit, hope mine is that good when gets to 85000

have you had any major faults that left you with a big repair bill

Same here I've 90'000 on my 140 and it starts no problem, I havent had any majour repairs either, just the usual wair and tair as you'd expect.

Touch wood.

Other than Brakes, bulbs & tyres - everything (to my knowledge) is still as from the factory. Only thing I need to replace is the boot struts, but for the cost of the job I can wait!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links