Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Almost

ac-hiace

:blink:

Close call last night. I was travelling the in lincolnshire country side at midnight after finnishing work. travelling back to leeds and got to say it was cold .

I drove around a right hand bend which lead on to a small bridge and then, here we go, the back end stepped right out to near full on anti lock, thank god that the hiace 1994 super custom is a short wheel base, as i was in a full slide .

The rear wheels were skimming the grass verg, where 2 or 3 feet away was a ditch looking to weclome me with open arms, full on fully in fully trashed hiace.

And now there is crap to wipe off my seat , and my clean trousers and pants washed again. Bas_ _ _ _ _ _ _.

But not today, I held the slide and pre-antisipated the swing back and caught it before it gave me a tank !Removed!, straightened up got back to my side of the road and motored on .

Phew close call . wish i had some sort of warning signal light or something. Is there anything i could buy to add to the hiace to warn me of some cold black ice spots or some sort of gage the i could wire in .

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

lucky escape !

you could try hibernation when the temperature drops - I've been meaning to do this for years now, but never got the chance

B)

Yep it was , but hay lived to tell the tail . do not wish for it again. I wish I could hibernate. Work money, money work. have to go where the work is .

I guess that you do not know of anything i could wire in to indicated when its so cold and icey.

Not being funny/smart :D

Safest thing is to assume that the roads might be dodgy, & drive accordingly :thumbsup:

If I open the driver's window to tap my pipe out on the mirror ( checking that noone is up my exhaust 1st) & can't get my hand back in & window shut quickly enough, I have a fair idea of conditions :(

Close call last night. I was travelling the in lincolnshire country side at midnight after finnishing work. travelling back to leeds and got to say it was cold .

I drove around a right hand bend which lead on to a small bridge and then, here we go, the back end stepped right out to near full on anti lock, thank god that the hiace 1994 super custom is a short wheel base, as i was in a full slide .

The rear wheels were skimming the grass verg, where 2 or 3 feet away was a ditch looking to weclome me with open arms, full on fully in fully trashed hiace.

And now there is crap to wipe off my seat , and my clean trousers and pants washed again. Bas_ _ _ _ _ _ _.

But not today, I held the slide and pre-antisipated the swing back and caught it before it gave me a tank !Removed!, straightened up got back to my side of the road and motored on .

Phew close call . wish i had some sort of warning signal light or something. Is there anything i could buy to add to the hiace to warn me of some cold black ice spots or some sort of gage the i could wire in .

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Is that real about the ****? I have felt like ****ting myself when I have been shocked, let alone actually doing it. Do you really have to wipe the crap from the seat? Just wonderin :unsure:

I guess that you do not know of anything i could wire in to indicated when its so cold and icey.

You could try something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digital-Indoor-Outdo...5QQcmdZViewItem

This of course is only providing an indication of outside temperature and should not be 100% relied on.............only YOU the driver can make those decisions.

N.B. You do not have to buy from E-Bay.....these are available in most car accesory shops :thumbsup:

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Have a look at http://www.icealert.com/

You could stick this on your windscreen, directly in your line of vision!!!

More seriously there used to be a little sticker called Ice-Alert which you could stick on your drivers door mirror which gave avery good indication of freezing weather, got them in Car Acc. shops.

Good you escaped without a prang.

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Here you go, just 3 quid and you will be a lot, lot safer in the cold, --- it was "Black Ice Alert". :hokus-pokus:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-ICE-ALERT---LI...102113003r22172

I'm not sure if it is or not, but I think all new cars should have some form of thermometer... It was one of my few supra gripes thst it didn't have one from the factory!

A lot of cars give an audiable beep when the temperature drops below 3 degrees.... a nice little feature! - the problem with the stickers is how quickly they change to temperatures... you can easily hit a "frost pocket" where the temperature is lower that could have a patch of ice and come out the other side before sticker has warned you!

In the winter on average my home is 2-4 degrees colder then my work, which is only 10 miles away, -about 6 "as the crow flies"

Yeah don't come to Lincolnshire!! We have hardcore roads!! only for the brave!! Seriously check the statistics!! :P

:lol2:

The stats just prove that you are the worst drivers :P

The stats just prove that you are the worst drivers :P

:crybaby: Its true, its all the inbreeding that goes on, good job I aint from here :lol:

*runs and hides*

wish i had some sort of warning signal light or something. Is there anything i could buy to add to the hiace to warn me of some cold black ice spots or some sort of gage the i could wire in .

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Have you tried filling your tyres with hot water? :rolleyes:

wish i had some sort of warning signal light or something. Is there anything i could buy to add to the hiace to warn me of some cold black ice spots or some sort of gage the i could wire in .

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Don't be daft............................How would he keep the water hot????????? :P ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't be daft............................How would he keep the water hot????????? :P ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Easy peasy, just apply the handbrake a couple of clicks and use the brake pedal as a foot rest. :P

Don't be daft............................How would he keep the water hot????????? :P ;) :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol

Easy peasy, just apply the handbrake a couple of clicks and use the brake pedal as a foot rest. :P

Wouldn't that make him skid if he hit some black ice?????????...........................Oh yes that is what he was trying to find :P ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Thats the beauty of having hot water in the tyres, as soon as you encounter black ice, it melts as you drive over it.

The wheels might need bigger balance weights with all that water in them though.

Thats the beauty of having hot water in the tyres, as soon as you encounter black ice, it melts as you drive over it.

The wheels might need bigger balance weights with all that water in them though.

Sweet fantasy.............. :P :lol::lol:

Any ideas guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Have you not seen them warm the tyres in F1?

Do that.

All the time.

:toast:

First rate guys > just finnished work > and tomorrow night have to do same run again.

Well the crap was more like a !Removed! that went rong . baby wips came handy though . i smelt nice as did the clean seat.

Slooowwing down is an option. BUT i was only doing 37 kilomiters perhr. i know this as the old dear, bless him, went passed in his little electric car.

The super dooper F1 tyer warmers are ready in the garage. Drive in warm up tyers, drive out 10 hours later, GOOD MORNING DAY LIGHT.

The hosepipe is connected to the hot water tap. The swiss army knife ready to make hole and super glew and cable ties to do it up.

The ice indication strips and the black-ice strips are stuck accross the top part of the window screen .

So tomorrow night i should have a multi-coloured light show keeping me amused, whilst ice-skating down the road.

And now with the window-screen avantage, that during the day i have a go faster sun viser strip , Gues i need to stick across it KEV & KEZA on it.

Well wednesdy if i am here i will let you know that i made it and alive if not some will tell you that i am dead.

this will be interesting

thanks guys

:o

Hi ace is ready and ready for the light show > hope weather stays good .

thanks for the notes guys

ac-hiace B)

:toast:

First rate guys > just finnished work > and tomorrow night have to do same run again.

Well the crap was more like a fart that went rong . baby wips came handy though . i smelt nice as did the clean seat.

Slooowwing down is an option. BUT i was only doing 37 kilomiters perhr. i know this as the old dear, bless him, went passed in his little electric car.

The super dooper F1 tyer warmers are ready in the garage. Drive in warm up tyers, drive out 10 hours later, GOOD MORNING DAY LIGHT.

The hosepipe is connected to the hot water tap. The swiss army knife ready to make hole and super glew and cable ties to do it up.

The ice indication strips and the black-ice strips are stuck accross the top part of the window screen .

So tomorrow night i should have a multi-coloured light show keeping me amused, whilst ice-skating down the road.

And now with the window-screen avantage, that during the day i have a go faster sun viser strip , Gues i need to stick across it KEV & KEZA on it.

Well wednesdy if i am here i will let you know that i made it and alive if not some will tell you that i am dead.

this will be interesting

thanks guys

Shouldn't the black ice indicator strips be placed on the road? Then you'll know when not to brake/steer etc.

ok like we are going to see them .

mind you though . if the white lines at the road side were able to change colour depending of the road conditions i.e wet blue dry white icey red ect.

any eggheads out there this could a good business oppertunity .

ok like we are going to see them .

mind you though . if the white lines at the road side were able to change colour depending of the road conditions i.e wet blue dry white icey red ect.

any eggheads out there this could a good business oppertunity .

Ice warning "Cats Eyes" have already been trialled several years ago. I seem to remember they were to be used on bends which were Ice Black Spots -- or was that Black Ice Spots, or even Black Ice Accident Black Spots? :unsure: They changed to bluish colour when froze.

Wonder what happened to the scheme, brilliant if it came about.

But maybe I just dreamt it eh? :wacko: