Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dodgy Insurance Question

Flynn2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flynn2

• Remoh1

• chatman

• bothwell_buyer

fine I'm wrong (in your opinion) get on with getting your insurance yourself, get on with getting a job yourself (I have contacts in one of the largest retailers in the UK having just spent 2yrs working for them, they are desperate for xmas staff in some areas but you are not suitable)

Why just in my opinion? I am stating FACTS and figures. The diesel is slower than the smaller petrol. Why can't you non car people just accept that engine size doesn't necessarily equal performance :angry:

what makes you think I'm a non car person? I said the diesel was more powerful and heavier, check the pulling power the diesel has far more power than the petrol, I have found a place that will insure someone under 21 in the diesel and its about the same price as they want for the 1.3 petrol. Its still £2250 which is a lot dearer than a 1.0 micra which was around £1600. These prices will of course depend on where you live as they are based on my sons name and address. There are more things involved in setting the insurance group than just the bhp and the top speed. they also consider weight, cost of repairs, damage it will inflict in a crash ie what it will cost them if you hit something, where you live, the number of claims they have had in your area etc etc.

As for a non car person I am to a degree these days as I work in an office but jobs in the past include, car spares sales, car sales, mechanic & body repairs, so yeah I really know nothing about cars and will ensure I never offer you any help or advice in the future.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links