Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Post An Avatar Grrrrrrr!

TOLDI

Hi, i'm getting frustrated trying to put an Avatar on.

:unsure:

Got a Gallery one at present, I would like to download one from my PhotoBucket.

I go to "My Controls"

down to "Edit Avatar settings"

I collect an IMG (image) from my Photobucket and it is already sized 100 x 75

I dump it in the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" (I have also got the Resize enabled)

and: "Update Avatar"

Then I get an ERROR message like ------ File Ext. is not valid

Any ideas Please?

Seen this problem on a few forums in the past. Best way is to just upload the file directly from your PC to TOC.

If that doesn't work, No idea! :P

Just tried it for you and there doesn't seem to be a problem ;)

Les

How did you find out my secret identity Les? Will leave my new Avatar for a while, but dont let the kids see it! or I will be overloaded!

S. :xmas: C.

What .ext was that one?

It's a gif

Sorry, I'm a bit fick on 'puter images, :crybaby: I have looked at Santa and can see he is a .gif (git :lol: to some!!)

But I cant see any .gif extensions on my PhotoBucket albums, :rolleyes: I even find it difficult to see the extensions at all. I have to copy the addresses and paste them somewhere as I only see the start of the address in PhotoBucket.

The "URL" lark also defeats my ageing self, which of the (4) PhotoBucket addresses would that one be? :unsure:

HELP!! HELP!!! :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles:

You have to hover your mouse over the photo to get the link boxes to come up, you need to copy the one in the box next to where it says "direct link" and paste that into the box on here.

Also just beneath the photo above the boxes it says the name of the photo, most of mine say whatever.jpg.

I mean whatever the name of the photo is by the way! not that all mine are literally called whatever lol.

Oh and when you are in the actual box where the url is, if you use your arrow key on your keyboard to move it to the right it will allow you to read the whole of it.

Hope that makes sense.

You have to hover your mouse over the photo to get the link boxes to come up, you need to copy the one in the box next to where it says "direct link" and paste that into the box on here.

Also just beneath the photo above the boxes it says the name of the photo, most of mine say whatever.jpg.

I mean whatever the name of the photo is by the way! not that all mine are literally called whatever lol.

Oh and when you are in the actual box where the url is, if you use your arrow key on your keyboard to move it to the right it will allow you to read the whole of it.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for that, I'm off to give it another go. :bash:

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for that, I'm off to give it another go. :bash:

Nope, the direct link address was as follows:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/Cle...nOffside3-2.jpg

As you will see if clicked it shows a small Toyota Africa Stallion :afro: as per my "Signature" piccy.

I pasted it in the Avatar update box, and again got an error message Crappy File Extension. Guess because it is .jpg

By the way I'm on an Apple Mac, and my original photos are stored and downloaded from iPhoto to PhotoBucket :blowup:

Can anybody else use the address above (or convert it to .gif) and stuff it in my Avatar?

just tried that and it didn't work for me

:yahoo: Try again, anybody, does it work?

Definitely works for me, :thumbsup: maybe that is because it is MY PhotoBucket album?

As it is a .jpg file is that why it wont go in as an Avatar? :huh:

You must be holding your tongue on the wrong side of your mouth when putting the link in :blink: had no troubles posting on your profile :thumbsup:

Les

just tried that and it didn't work for me
Try again, anybody, does it work?

Definitely works for me, :thumbsup: maybe that is because it is MY PhotoBucket album?

As it is a .jpg file is that why it wont go in as an Avatar? :huh:

You must be holding your tongue on the wrong side of your mouth when putting the link in :blink: had no troubles posting on your profile

Les

:thumbsup: :lol2:

Les, you are a real true GIDDLEPIN :clap::band::clap: :clap: Thanks a lot.

Santa's Sleigh ( :xmas:) does look a little fore-shortened tho' --- as though it has been the meat in a Front/Rear shunt sandwich !!!

:toot: --- :arrow::afro:<< :horse: ------- :toot: ------- :blowup::eek::wheelchair::angel:

Thanks again for doing it, wish I knew why it did not work for me though. :blush:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links