Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traffic Cops New Trick

ac-hiace

:ffs:

GUYS WHATCH OUT ,

:eek::eek:

I I WAS DRIVING UP THE M1 TOWARDS LEEDS ABOUT 5 MILES PAST SHEFFIELD AND COMING DOWN ONE OF THE HILLS .

AND THERE IT WAS PARKED UP ON ITS ABBSESS PARKING SPOT A DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY POLICE RANGE ROVER > SO DIRTY THAT YOU COULD NOT SEE THE REFLECTIVE POLICE CAR STRIPS OR THE WHITE OF THE CAR OR SILVER WHEELS .

BELIEAVE IT OR NOT WHAT GAVE IT AWAY WAS THIER REFLECTIVE JACKETS THEY WERE WEARING AS THE HEAD LIGHTS SHONE ON THEM. BUT BY THEN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TO LATE.

SO GUYS WHATCH OUT. AT NIGHT THE DIRTY P--- ARE OUT WITH THERE WITH THIER DIRTY TRICKS CAMPAINE..

WHERE THERE IS ONE THERE IS MORE. :eek::eek:

keep warm

ac-hiace

Is there really any need for the oversized font? :unsure:

And also watch your netiquette - CAPS are seen as shouting which is sometimes perceived as being rude....

Other than that, thanks for the warning.

Could it not be that they couldn't be bothered to wash the vehicle? As they do have undercover vehicles to do the job also.

So the moral of the story is sometimes police have dirty cars so are more difficult to notice?

Erm, thanks

Here's an idea, do the speed limit = not a problem!

And I would rather they were catching people breaking the law rather then sat in a car wash!

But thanks for the heads up

Just because the dirty police car is sat in the car wash being cleaned, doesn't mean that there are no orther police cars on the road. :P

Is there really any need for the oversized font? :unsure:

And also watch your netiquette - CAPS are seen as shouting which is sometimes perceived as being rude....

Other than that, thanks for the warning.

:huh::huh:

sorry did not reallise how big 7 was . now i know . if there is a next time, i will try a 3. But hay if i saved you 3 or 6 points and £60.00 0r £500.00 fine or even a ban in this bad cash flow times . i am happy with a severn.

drive well

ac-hiace

;)

Either way if i saved you the hassel of being stopped for overtaking someone in the middle lane at 76 miles per hr which is still 3 to 5 points and from£60.00 to £500.00

thats got to be ok is it not

what do you say guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

;)

Either way if i saved you the hassel of being stopped for overtaking someone in the middle lane at 76 miles per hr which is still 3 to 5 points and from£60.00 to £500.00

what do you say guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Em doesn't do things like that :angel::thumbsup: :D

;)

what do you say guys

many thanks

ac-hiace

Em doesn't do things like that :angel::thumbsup: :D

Your totally safe dood, nice one

We don't have Motorway Police down here :P

We don't even have Motorways!!! :D

:rolleyes:

how fortunate are you guys or not . do you still have dirty traffic cops

I used to dream of living on a Motorway :huh:

:rolleyes:

how fortunate are you guys or not . do you still have dirty traffic cops

:P

Dirty Number Plates instead

The big question here is did they have the speed guns out or were they just waiting to go to there next call? If it was dark the chances of them doing anyone is pretty slim. Its the unmarked S60/V70/Mondeo/530d's 2 cars back you have to look out for, also the chance being done at less than 90 (on the speedo) is very low as almost all traffic is doing 80.

My mate got done for doing 82 MPH on the Motorway a few weeks back. He was a tad peeved :wacko:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I used to dream of living on a Motorway :huh:

You mean like this guy on the M62

m62_04.jpg

m62_02.jpgm62_01.jpg

There are not a lot of traffic cops down in Devon.

But the drivers here are very law abiding - you go 1mph over the speed limit and you will be overtaking everything in sight!!

Nowadays I just stick to the speed limits personally - speeding will save you very little time and drink the petrol and the price that is still ..... (boring I know :blush:)

My mate got done for doing 82 MPH on the Motorway a few weeks back. He was a tad peeved :wacko:

I'll bet the speedo said more though! ;)

Not surprised, I'd be absolutely fuming if I got done doing that speed on the motorway

You mean like this guy on the M62

m62_04.jpg

m62_02.jpgm62_01.jpg

Apparently (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) when they were building the motorway they offered the owner of that house a huge amount of money to move out so they could flatten it & build the motorway over it but he refused every offer & so that's why they ended up just building a lane either side.

Yep thats the same story as i chap i know who worked on building M62 told me, they even had to build him an access road with tunnels under the M62.

I bet its a tad noisy in the house though :lol:

Yep thats the same story as i chap i know who worked on building M62 told me, they even had to build him an access road with tunnels under the M62.

I bet its a tad noisy in the house though :lol:

Apparently not.............A nationally known double glazing company seized the opportunity to install noise cancelling Triple glazing as a PR exercise ;) :lol:

I watched that program a while about ... "secret life of the motorway" I think it was? very interesting (how sad am I??) and IIRC, it turns out that that story about him refusing to sell up is a myth (I always thought he refused to sell up as well) and there is a technical reason to go with the ground why the motorway goes like it does there.

In reality, there would have been a CPO issued if it was really key, but it wouldn't have been built there, so no need for the CPO and not enough money was offered (I think he thought he had the govt by the short & curlies by holding out :) ) and he lost out.

Or my memory may be totally wrong:D

Also, IIRC, that part of the UK motorway network was the most expensive to build by far due to the boggy ground.

Very good program and worth a watch when they next repeat it (been on BBC4 a few times)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007x58q

EDIT: Just found the info I recalled as a sort of program transcript: Stott Hill Farm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links