Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traffic Cops New Trick

ac-hiace

I watched that program a while about ... "secret life of the motorway" I think it was? very interesting (how sad am I??) and IIRC, it turns out that that story about him refusing to sell up is a myth (I always thought he refused to sell up as well) and there is a technical reason to go with the ground why the motorway goes like it does there.

In reality, there would have been a CPO issued if it was really key, but it wouldn't have been built there, so no need for the CPO and not enough money was offered (I think he thought he had the govt by the short & curlies by holding out :) ) and he lost out.

Or my memory may be totally wrong:D

Also, IIRC, that part of the UK motorway network was the most expensive to build by far due to the boggy ground.

Very good program and worth a watch when they next repeat it (been on BBC4 a few times)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007x58q

EDIT: Just found the info I recalled as a sort of program transcript: Stott Hill Farm

Yep Hoovie, its an urban myth.......Just like Bob Holness played the Sax on the opening of Jerry Raffertys Baker Street.......Bunkum!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links