Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help Needed

foolsgold1970

Hey there hope somebody out there can help me. My problem is none of the 2 keys I own will turn my ignition on, I've also noticed the immobiliser light doesnt come on either when I take the key out the ignition? Originally had a problem with my doors freezing up and thought ignition barrel had frozen to so sprayed lots of WD-40 in it without any luck, weather a lot milder now and the key still cant turn the barrel. Can lock the doors by using the key but alarm will only set and interior security red light flash if I use my fob (black with 2 grey buttons) Car was fine all day Tuesday but not been able to turn key in barrel since Wednesday morning.

Car is a 96 GT facelift ST202 with the TVSS alarm and immobiliser transmitter around the ignition barrel.

Been a very bad car week so would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Terry

Please dont take this the wrong way as its been mentioned a few times here , But is the steering wheel lock on and are you female. :lol:

we had 1 woman took hers to the dealers to be shown that you turn the wheel to release the lock so the key turns.

Steering lock is on tight mate Ive tried the rocking and key jiggling to no avail, really need to get this barrel off but stumped as what to do?

getting out the barrel is easy ,but you still need to turn the key to get it out fully.

pm sent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links