Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt-four St185 Import Losing Power?

OZZY_C

Hi Guys, hope you are all well,

I have an ST185 Celica the problem i have is I am losing power i recently changed the spark plugs which ment I had to remove the intercooler ect I have put it all back togeather making sure all the pipes are fitted properly. when I drive slow the car is fine as soon as i try to boost the c seems to be loosing power the revs go up really fast and the turbo makes noise like it wants to kick it but the gage does not move and I get no boost.

Any sugestions would be much appreciated.

check all your pipework (for you intercooler) for splits or loose seals ect. sound to me like you've got a leak on the compression side of your turbo.

check all your pipework (for you intercooler) for splits or loose seals ect. sound to me like you've got a leak on the compression side of your turbo.

Hi mate thank youfor your reply. I have checked all the pipe work to the best of my ability and I cannot see any splits and i am sure the seals are tight. I will double check them again during today. I think you are right but like I said I could not see any problems with the pipe work.

Hi mate thank youfor your reply. I have checked all the pipe work to the best of my ability and I cannot see any splits and i am sure the seals are tight. I will double check them again during today. I think you are right but like I said I could not see any problems with the pipe work.

Right i have re done all the work evrything is definatly conectred properly. the turbo boost fine now. the situation I have is the if I want to pull away normaly/slow the the car revs but does not pick up speed but if I floor it then the turbo kicks in and it goes fast. its very strange. just say im driving along at 20mph and I want to pick up speed to get it up to just say 30 i touch the throttal a little but it just revs and carrys on going the same speed the only way I can get it pick up speed is to boost it?

what can it be?>???

Have you got it sorted yet ozzy. If not PM me and I'll go through it with you.

ATB

Dak