Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blitz Boost Controller Problems

donna w

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to set up a Blitz SBC-ID single solenoid?

I had mine installed yesterday into my st205.The person that installed it has set it up roughly with the following settings:

Gain 5

Boost pressure 15 psi

Warning limiter 16psi with a limit of 8

This all seemed well and good and i was getting a steady boost of 14.7 psi.I decided to give it a bit of beef and the boost pressure held upto 4 gear but when i put it in 5 gear i felt a big surge of power and then it dropped straight of(which scared the hell out of me lol).The controller went into limit mode because the boost had risen to 20.4 psi,should this of happened?

I would be greatful of any advice as i am completly new to all of this.

The car i have is a 96 st205,standard internals.No other major mods

the ecu can only manage pressures upto 15.95418 psi or 1.1 bar . if no one here can advise you , try the gt4 owners club for definitive answers.

i only ever used the manual controller and aftermarket boost guage £ 35 cheap skate , but it worked and never let me down .

the ecu can only manage pressures upto 15.95418 psi or 1.1 bar . if no one here can advise you , try the gt4 owners club for definitive answers.

i only ever used the manual controller and aftermarket boost guage £ 35 cheap skate , but it worked and never let me down .

I thought it was 1.1 bar which is why i have set it to 15 psi but for some strange reason the boost seems to increase to much in 5 gear.Causing the limiter to kick in,I have also posted this on another forum but noone has yet replied.

Cheers.

what other modifications does the car have? also how smooth is the boost when in 3rd gear? hold a constant 14/15psi?

what other modifications does the car have? also how smooth is the boost when in 3rd gear? hold a constant 14/15psi?

Yes it seems to hold in 3rd gear,however it does seem to hesitate for about a second when the boost is building up.

I was going to have a play with the gain at the weekend to see if i can sort the problem out. :( This is'nt going to happen now as the radiator seems to be split because steam was pumping everywhere on my way home tonight.So i have to get that fixed first.

The car is completly standard.

seems strange, once the car is sorted, try turning the EBC off and seeing what boost it runs/holds...

seems strange, once the car is sorted, try turning the EBC off and seeing what boost it runs/holds...

With the EBC turned off it holds at 12psi in every gear.

Sounds like a settings issue then... never used the SBC-ID myself so not too sure what to suggest...

With the EBC turned off it holds at 12psi in every gear.

isnt that stock boost , so no wonder why . :thumbsup:

id suggest , cranking each setting up a bit at a time - once the car goes !Removed! up - turn it back to the setting that worked.

You havent taken the cat off have u? i had the same problem and in certain gears it was spiking, it resulted in a broken piston!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links