Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dvd+gps+tv+bt+ipod+radio For Corolla & Auris

kungcoccos

Just out of interest how much is the genuine one?

I saw 1 on eBay for £220

Probably used?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• Andz

• mountain_mania

• Ael

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't bought that particular one, but I've had two that run exactly the same spec (see above) and the same version of operating system and they're :censor: (PANTS!)

My advice is; don't waste your money, they look nice but are very flakey...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Got some more specific information about what should be done to make Corolla HeadUnit fit your Auris. It was previously discussed on the previous page of this topic when Laskarias Anastasios asked me to translate the text from other forum in his post #110.

For those who don't want to experience any problems during the fitting process I suggest buying WI-8928CE HeadUnit. Some guys have installed it and are very happy. It is 100% plug&play.

59d39a703f31.jpg

10f4ab1e5612.jpg

d6fcfa7da15e.jpg

d33bab63dc15.jpg

0b4c1570cc43.jpg

0524dd205690.jpg

Those who want some challenges or just other unit and will buy something which will fit Corolla only, in my example it's TYT802, will have to do some modifications. The reason is Corolla units are 10mm higher and 4mm wider + the shape of the front is different. Those cannot be installed so that they'd fit smooth inside the console without any gaps.

So here is what Andron did to his HU to make it fit:

Left, original, right, new one

171511w.jpg

171512w.jpg

Front comparsion

177151w.jpg

He deleted the front panel

174680w.jpg

Bought some aftermarket facia designed for Auris

174677w.jpg

And just connected them together. He just cut out the center of the new fascia, cut away the edges of the aftermarket HU, and put them together.

174675w.jpg

You can see in this pic that he cut out the center of the new fascia, cut away the edges of the aftermarket HU, and put them together.

174676w.jpg

Ready product

177154w.jpg

177153w.jpg

177156w.jpg

• 2 months later...

I haven't bought that particular one, but I've had two that run exactly the same spec (see above) and the same version of operating system and they're :censor: (PANTS!)

My advice is; don't waste your money, they look nice but are very flakey...

Hi Auris fans.

I am really considering to get one of those car audio http://www.autodvdgps.com/toyota-auris-gps-navigation-system-with-dvd-player-and-7-hd-touchscreen-and-ipod-pip-rds-virtualcdc-p-754.html

Now i am having second thoughts.

Are you sure the stock radio in our Auris is better?

Enlighten me please with more info.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

i am ready to bye a pioneer avh3300bt unit but i cant find the panel at the same color as mine..can anyone help me?it is darker than mine (auris 1.6 2009)

• 1 year later...

hallo Auris fans,

i know it's been while about this nice forum.

but just want to know is there a how to install or where to hide a GPS antenna,?and how to install and brings cables from the rear camera to the 2 din GPS system.

please help?

thanx alot

I installed my GPS antenna on top of my radio. It is under the top ventilator and has good reception there.

I don't have a reverse camera because I've got parking sensors. But I have attached a picture which shows how to connect a camera.

3627d1330932827-advice-reverse-camera-component-install-camera-install.jpg

and the back camera don't fit and one can help please..

many many thanX to

Speed_Chaser

and all of you

Hi Hayman is this one of the cams off eBay like this http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_7324wt_1163 as i was going to get one of these.

Thanks Kev.

many many thanX to

Speed_Chaser

and all of you

Hi Hayman is this one of the cams off eBay like this http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_7324wt_1163 as i was going to get one of these.

Thanks Kev.

yes it's the same one,and it's don't fit my auris,the seller send my moeny back ,and told me to keep the cam .so i'' look how can i make it fit :).when it's done i'll update you

• 2 weeks later...

many many thanX to

Speed_Chaser

and all of you

Thanks Kev.

yes it's the same one,and it's don't fit my auris,the seller send my moeny back ,and told me to keep the cam .so i'' look how can i make it fit :).when it's done i'll update you

Hi, I have managed to fit the camera the same as yours i have made a how too here http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=tutorials&article=11

I hope its of some use.

Thanks Kev.

• 3 months later...

this myt be alot easier

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4G-GPS-Wireless-Car-Rearview-Reversing-Parking-Backup-Color-Camera-PAL-/380525627484?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item589918485c

comes with the right drill size, drill in the centre of the rear bumper push the camera in and it'll just hold and wire everything up and bobs ur uncle :)

has anyone got this in the original factory colour dash board not the black one but the dark green?? i order mine after the advisor telling me numerous times that it will match your dash board only to find out he has sent out the black and not the dark green and then told me that is the only colour they do and should be the same colour!!!! was rather ****** off when i got it!!

also if anyone has fitted this how do you get the steering wheels controls to connect and tried the settings on the unit but just says something like "could not connect again"

post-126181-0-12361100-1356564115_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone linked the steering wheel controls to the above ^^^^^^^ system??

btw zabae yes i have installed this unit, tbh its a good unit but the interface is s**t, playing music from cd is a head ache, and the radio quality gets worse. navigation is ok but for the price i think its worth it.

anyone linked the steering wheel controls to the above ^^^^^^^ system??

btw zabae yes i have installed this unit, tbh its a good unit but the interface is s**t, playing music from cd is a head ache, and the radio quality gets worse. navigation is ok but for the price i think its worth it.

Ok. How about the overall sound quality? Is it any worse than with original cd player?

The sound is good, but you know when you turn a base to full it goes all blurry and can't get a word of the song it's like that, where as on the original there's only so much you can turn up on the base.