Somebody has made: Click1

Click2

It says Auris but probably those are only for Corollas... :rolleyes:

Probably :(

I've found it on some other pages. For example here:

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/line...IS-COROLLA.html

Corolla/Auris... I don't think so :)

Corolla/Auris... Not even possible :)

Why not buy a normal double-din radio/dvd player from Kenwood/Alpine/Clarion, the quality surpasses the chinese junk by alot and it's not hard to install.

I can post a tutorial once i receive mine.

All you will need is to cut the stock speaker connectors off in order to get a normal +/-, buy the bracket which holds the radio, let a bodyshop spray it to match the silvery colour of the interior, and get the ISO connector cables!

Or you could just revamp the entire audio in the Auris :hokus-pokus:

Why not buy a normal double-din radio/dvd player from Kenwood/Alpine/Clarion, the quality surpasses the chinese junk by alot and it's not hard to install.

All you will need is to cut the stock speaker connectors off in order to get a normal +/-, buy the bracket which holds the radio, let a bodyshop spray it to match the silvery colour of the interior, and get the ISO connector cables!

Too expensive for some people :)

No, not because of the price.

You are right, you can change the color of the frame, but what about the whole device?! I haven't seen dvd player which would fit into the harmony of the interior.

Not for me!

No, not because of the price.

You are right, you can change the color of the frame, but what about the whole device?! I haven't seen dvd player which would fit into the harmony of the interior.

Not for me!

How about these two? No?

Kenwood%20DNX-5220BT.jpg

PioneerAvic-D3038.jpg

How about these two? No?

No.

1. Both of them are black and too bright.

2. First has blue and red button lights, the second has red. (Auris has orange)

3. The shape of the buttons..

Sorry, I know it is my fault :)

How about these two? No?

No.

1. Both of them are black and too bright.

2. First has blue and red button lights, the second has red. (Auris has orange)

3. The shape of the buttons..

Sorry, I know it is my fault :)

Auris' main colour is black. Very much black on the console itself too.

+ Auris has red light on the emergency blinker -button.

Colour of the lights can be changed on the first one. They can be changed

to exactly same as the Auris' console.

It's just to let you know, not to convince you :) Trying to tell about my

experiences and what I know to maybe give you new points of view and ideas!

Best regards, Alex

Hi guys,

I found this, what do you think? Pretty expensive but half compared to the original.. Looks nice but the interior of the car doesnt look as a Auris though.

http://cargpsdvd.com/product_info.php?curr...18dojnocbqud287

B.R

/Carl

Same as this:

Somebody has made: Click1

Click2

It's for Corolla!

Best regards, Alex

Hi guys,

I found this, what do you think? Pretty expensive but half compared to the original.. Looks nice but the interior of the car doesnt look as a Auris though.

http://cargpsdvd.com/product_info.php?curr...18dojnocbqud287

B.R

/Carl

It is made for the Corolla. :( Somebody should let them know about it, because most of the sellers are sure they have something to the Auris.

632 euros... This is very expensive!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this topic again. We are few months futher and maybe there is more choice now.

Anyone who can help me with selecting the best choice for me ?

First... I have an Auris 1.4 D-4D with a silver colored dash

I am not looking for the cheapest model made.

In my other car I have a Becker 7944 which is absolutely top of the bill. Such a great piece of work I'd like to have in the Auris as well.

It must have :

Nav with 2D/3D view and build in TMC receiver

BT with auto sync of tel. book and, when possible, SMS function (read/write)

Ipod interface with as much Ipod control function as possible

Adjustment of volume, eq etc. for all individual sources

High quality amps and sound

Touchscreen

And... it must fit in the Auris perfectly. Color matching is not an issue ;)

Bumping this topic again. We are few months futher and maybe there is more choice now.

Anyone who can help me with selecting the best choice for me ?

First... I have an Auris 1.4 D-4D with a silver colored dash

I am not looking for the cheapest model made.

In my other car I have a Becker 7944 which is absolutely top of the bill. Such a great piece of work I'd like to have in the Auris as well.

It must have :

Nav with 2D/3D view and build in TMC receiver

BT with auto sync of tel. book and, when possible, SMS function (read/write)

Ipod interface with as much Ipod control function as possible

Adjustment of volume, eq etc. for all individual sources

High quality amps and sound

Touchscreen

And... it must fit in the Auris perfectly. Color matching is not an issue ;)

Alpine IVA W505 with KCE-350BT bluetooth and steering wheel control. :thumbsup:

post-21237-1235508053_thumb.jpg

Alpine IVA W505 with KCE-350BT Bluetooth and steering wheel control. :thumbsup:

Alpine has great stuff B)

Thanks for the pic. Now I have an idea on what it looks like.

This Alpine does not have navi, am I right ?

I like this one from a design point of view and has all the features I want.

It's from DSS. First tests here in Holland are not too optimistic :(

http://www.navishop.nl/images/big/navtoyota1.jpg

Alpine IVA W505 with KCE-350BT Bluetooth and steering wheel control. :thumbsup:

Alpine has great stuff B)

Thanks for the pic. Now I have an idea on what it looks like.

This Alpine does not have navi, am I right ?

I like this one from a design point of view and has all the features I want.

It's from DSS. First tests here in Holland are not too optimistic :(

http://www.navishop.nl/images/big/navtoyota1.jpg

the 505 has an embedded standalone GPS, open the screen and you will see a detachable GPS unit which then you would mount onto the screen.

I only have the 502 which has no GPS since i already use Tomtom.

• 3 weeks later...

Well bumping this thread again!!! plz has anyone find a solution to the gps....post photos to see how it is!!! thanks for see if i can decided!

• 2 weeks later...
Well bumping this thread again!!! plz has anyone find a solution to the gps....post photos to see how it is!!! thanks for see if i can decided!

No :( I am still chasing but I haven't found anything :crybaby:

• 1 month later...

first hello to all, and this is my first post i was watching this forum for the last week and i was disappointed of the lack of gadgets for the AURIS so i started to read this thread hoping to find something but .... Then i go to site called MP3Car.com and i found this:

http://www.mp3car.com/index.php/158-CES-20...r-Computer.html

Does someone like the idea of having a touch screen computer instead of car radio???

I was planing to buy this beast and a 2din facia. And implement it i even wanted to buy an OBDII to USB connector so as i am a programmer i can even program a software to read the codes of the engine like fuel consumption, rpm, speed in real time... i would also like to control the entire car electronics with that computer so i am researching if you can turn on/off the headlights or open/close the windows through some other connector cos OBDII is only for Diagnostics.... anyone of you has any thoughts on making Supercomputer Toyota Auris???? Imagine that possibilities are endless since you have computer on board..... if i could only connect to another interface then the OBDII.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Edit: http://www.mp3car.com/index.php/Getting-St...puting-101.html

Look at that link it shows what everything can be done with car computer.

Hello jigsaw and welcome among other Toyota/Auris owners!

Nice idea, I've been considering to buy a CarPC after using my current DNX-5220 from Kenwood for some time... The one you showed seems really cool.

Haven't considered to enable controlling of the car from the pc as the car doesn't have turbo so there's nothing special to control. And about all the electronics, it seems easier to me to use car's own controls, as if you'd turn on your lights using computer the switch would still stay in OFF position so you'd have to disable it and start using only computer for controlling. Doesn't sound very handy. But the consumption/speed/rpm screen sounds pretty interesting! That would be wort doing I guess...

If you'll get new ideas or will decide to move on with that computer's installation/programming idea, just let us know. It'd be good to get some new ideas and possibly some tips on the installation etc. as like I said, it possibly will be my next project, and I'm sure other guys on this thread will be very interested to know and see more too! :)

Best regards, Alex

Hello jigsaw and welcome among other Toyota/Auris owners!

Nice idea, I've been considering to buy a CarPC after using my current DNX-5220 from Kenwood for some time... The one you showed seems really cool.

Haven't considered to enable controlling of the car from the pc as the car doesn't have turbo so there's nothing special to control. And about all the electronics, it seems easier to me to use car's own controls, as if you'd turn on your lights using computer the switch would still stay in OFF position so you'd have to disable it and start using only computer for controlling. Doesn't sound very handy. But the consumption/speed/rpm screen sounds pretty interesting! That would be wort doing I guess...

If you'll get new ideas or will decide to move on with that computer's installation/programming idea, just let us know. It'd be good to get some new ideas and possibly some tips on the installation etc. as like I said, it possibly will be my next project, and I'm sure other guys on this thread will be very interested to know and see more too! :)

Best regards, Alex

Hey Alex i am glad you like my idea, I theoretically know how to read ECU messages, like rpm, total mileage, speed, consumption, even error codes like low fuel, low oil, low oil pressure or any ECU message that is currently not shown anywhere in our toyotas but the engine is reporting them. I am searching for some good double din PC i'll buy it soon and i'll report i even want to connect to my parking sensors and want to put an rear camera somewhere or frontcamera with night vision :D

Lol will be really interested to hear and see that! :D Very exciting ideas! Front camera would be great fun, especially with rear screens for the passengers on the backseats to see what's happening on the road. I've seen something like that in aeroplanes...

Best regards, Alex

• 2 weeks later...
first hello to all, and this is my first post i was watching this forum for the last week and i was disappointed of the lack of gadgets for the AURIS so i started to read this thread hoping to find something but .... Then i go to site called MP3Car.com and i found this:

http://www.mp3car.com/index.php/158-CES-20...r-Computer.html

Does someone like the idea of having a touch screen computer instead of car radio???

I was planing to buy this beast and a 2din facia. And implement it i even wanted to buy an OBDII to USB connector so as i am a programmer i can even program a software to read the codes of the engine like fuel consumption, rpm, speed in real time... i would also like to control the entire car electronics with that computer so i am researching if you can turn on/off the headlights or open/close the windows through some other connector cos OBDII is only for Diagnostics.... anyone of you has any thoughts on making Supercomputer Toyota Auris???? Imagine that possibilities are endless since you have computer on board..... if i could only connect to another interface then the OBDII.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Edit: http://www.mp3car.com/index.php/Getting-St...puting-101.html

Look at that link it shows what everything can be done with car computer.

Does it have 7" panel. As I know, you cannot fit those, which have 7" LCD panel. Just with 6.2" :( Until this time, I haven't seen any facia for Auris, which can be used with 7" panel :(