Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav

the666devil

The mapping is run on disc, so you cant download an update

Go to the Toyota MAP UPDATE SITE to get a price for a new disc

Kingo :thumbsup:

If you really want a SatNav, buy yourself a TomTom, it's cheaper that way. Mr T's update discs are a complete rip-off as far as price goes, inbuilt unit is a complete waste of time . I bet they don't sell many update discs due to the ridiculously high price.

To devil,

As above postings suggest, to obtain disc is straight forward through Toyota link. But TomTom is the better option as suggested by second posting. If you prefer to keep car clutter free (no cables from lighter to dash) then you could try Toyota dealers for disc. I called 4 & with a bit of arm bending got 4 different prices, I then found out that 2009 disc should be available towards the end of Feb - 2009 making 2008 disc out of date. Will price for 08 disc then plummet or will it no longer be sold, that Toyota would not tell me!

Regards, Beagh.

I'm not particularly impressed with the 2008 disc - it's still directing me to go the wrong way down a one-way street near my home that was changed from bi-directional traffic in 2006.

Unfortunately this is a problem with all makes of Satnav. The mapping is only as good as the information supplied by the authority for the area. Also the main reason for the disclaimer screen which is universal to all makers. :(

*****!!! It should be Free every year if you take your car to a toyota garage and show them you have a Sat Nav. £111 for a new disc **** that.

*****!!! It should be Free every year if you take your car to a toyota garage and show them you have a Sat Nav. £111 for a new disc **** that.

Exactly ! Has anyone actually bought an upgrade disc from Mr T? Maybe if the price was sensible (£25 - £30) they might actually sell quite a few and actually make it worthwhile producing these discs, possibly make a bit of money from them too.

(did I put enough 'actually's' in there? :rolleyes: )

£111 is a bit steep i'll grant you. But it would ask the question who is supplying the data in the first place for the sat nav discs?

Cos it im sad git i just had a look and Navteq supply the core data.

http://www.navteq.com/about/findus.html is who else navteq supply and since garmin and magellan and autodesk and esri are all listed as reciving data im happy its good quality stuff. And in the mapping world good quality stuff costs.

Tom tom use tele Atlas and a Tom tom updates will set you back atleast £40 a year.

But if was cheaper would people really buy it? a few people on here have in other posts ive seen asked for copies and people copy music cds and they only cost £10-£15.

If they could get the price down to £50-£60 then would people it ? As I would say thats a more reasonable price, but again some one would no doubt moan its costs too much.

EdsterTech It could be that the council hasnt filed the right paperwork (be suprised how often that happens) or more likly the area hasnt been visited by the map checking people in a while. You would be suprised at how wrong maps can be if you look at them hard enough.

£111 is a bit steep i'll grant you. But it would ask the question who is supplying the data in the first place for the sat nav discs?

Cos it im sad git i just had a look and Navteq supply the core data.

http://www.navteq.com/about/findus.html is who else navteq supply and since garmin and magellan and autodesk and esri are all listed as reciving data im happy its good quality stuff. And in the mapping world good quality stuff costs.

Tom tom use tele Atlas and a Tom tom updates will set you back atleast £40 a year.

But if was cheaper would people really buy it? a few people on here have in other posts ive seen asked for copies and people copy music cds and they only cost £10-£15.

If they could get the price down to £50-£60 then would people it ? As I would say thats a more reasonable price, but again some one would no doubt moan its costs too much.

EdsterTech It could be that the council hasnt filed the right paperwork (be suprised how often that happens) or more likly the area hasnt been visited by the map checking people in a while. You would be suprised at how wrong maps can be if you look at them hard enough.

You can buy a new TomTom one for less than the cost of a disc, with a years free updates I believe? Throw it away and get a new one next year and it's cheaper than Mr T.

At £30 I would buy a disc, at £50 I would think about it and probably go for it. Any more than that, hmmm, I don't think so.

I recall a dodgy download from the internet! anyone know of it?

There are some instances of tns maps on sites like bit torrent but I personally stay well clear of these sites. The SatNav disc issue has been beaten to death on here I think with no real alternative than dealers or the update site.

as the disc will only cover the one year of update, what further use is it apart fron lending it to a friend, so can't Mr t just do a upgrade as part of your service or for a set fee, will duck waiting for the low flying flack, no sat nav in mine

as the disc will only cover the one year of update, what further use is it apart fron lending it to a friend, so can't Mr t just do a upgrade as part of your service or for a set fee, will duck waiting for the low flying flack, no sat nav in mine

The disc contains the mapping for the whole of the UK. The disc remains in the satnav unit for map reference (will not work without a disc in the drive). My disc that is in at the moment is vintage 2002 (or there abouts) and works fine but does not have some of the newer roads,roundabouts etc. in it's data so doesn't work 100% correctly. The price for a new updated disc far exceeds it's usefulness.

Hi,

I recently downloaded an update file from the internet to replace the 2004 disc on my satnav. Worked a treat. It is quite a large file, 2.4Gb which is compressed. When extracted using winrar it is 7.6Gb and has to be written on to a double layer DVD+R disc. Do a search on the internet for (Toyota Gps Tns 300 - 310 Plus Dvd 2006 - 2007 V 1 Europe). If you have no luck, post your e-mail and I will get in contact with you.

Did A search myself and you can find the file at http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/1269513/Toyota-Tns-310-2006-2007-Europa-DVD

Hi,

I recently downloaded an update file from the internet to replace the 2004 disc on my satnav. Worked a treat. It is quite a large file, 2.4Gb which is compressed. When extracted using winrar it is 7.6Gb and has to be written on to a double layer DVD+R disc. Do a search on the internet for (Toyota Gps Tns 300 - 310 Plus Dvd 2006 - 2007 V 1 Europe). If you have no luck, post your e-mail and I will get in contact with you.

Did A search myself and you can find the file at http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/1269513/Toyota-Tns-310-2006-2007-Europa-DVD

Thanks for your help !!

Can you tell me how you burned the file (which burner)

Hi,

Thanks for your help !!

Burned the file using Nero 7 - (Burn image to disc). The original file was created using Nero, so it needs to be burned with Nero as it is the only program which recognises the file.

I'm in the camp of £25 is a reasnable cost, £111 - you are having a laugh. Thing is if it was £25 th evolume of sales would probably multiply 5 times. or more, and there woudl many more happy customers. Additionally they would get much more and better feedback to sort out the errors, hence even more happy customers.

What? :wacko: as someone once said...............it's only the profit that makes it dear..........many a true word and all that

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi and a Happay New Year,

Can anyone tell me which year is the most up-to-date release?

Cheers.

Cheers.

Errr............2009...............Happy New Year :)

Cheers.

Errr............2009...............Happy New Year :)

Sorry that question was for the torrent community.........

Exactly ! Has anyone actually bought an upgrade disc from Mr T? Maybe if the price was sensible (£25 - £30) they might actually sell quite a few and actually make it worthwhile producing these discs, possibly make a bit of money from them too.

(did I put enough 'actually's' in there? :rolleyes: )

Yeah true. Ok not free as i said before but about £20. Then most people with the Sat Nav would buy the disc.

Hi,

Thanks for your help !!

Burned the file using Nero 7 - (Burn image to disc). The original file was created using Nero, so it needs to be burned with Nero as it is the only program which recognises the file.

Have you tried it does it work in your car???