Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Model Range

anchorman

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Anchorman,

From a RAV 4 owner of a whole 8 days.....thanks for all above info. Previously Avensis 2.2 D4D (2006).

Now SR180 (3000 MILES March 2009). A "4.3" I presume from your copious input

Plenty questions building up already, and standard of input / reply as good if not better than Avensis forum.

Thanks also to Old Friend Igormus, who gave me much input as to what to look out for. (Will be in touch shortly direct.)

Stand by yer 'puters......Mad Scotsman has joined the ranks!

Regards,

Big Kev. :eek:

Dear Anchorman,

From a RAV 4 owner of a whole 8 days.....thanks for all above info. Previously Avensis 2.2 D4D (2006).

Now SR180 (3000 MILES March 2009). A "4.3" I presume from your copious input

Plenty questions building up already, and standard of input / reply as good if not better than Avensis forum.

Thanks also to Old Friend Igormus, who gave me much input as to what to look out for. (Will be in touch shortly direct.)

Stand by yer 'puters......Mad Scotsman has joined the ranks!

Regards,

Big Kev. :eek:

Welcome to the mad house. Fill yer boots..........

• 4 months later...

Is there a way of finding out model number and year of manufacture from the chassis number? Mine is a 5 door RAV 4 Jap Import registered 1999, converted from RHD to LHD.

Is there a way of finding out model number and year of manufacture from the chassis number? Mine is a 5 door RAV 4 Jap Import registered 1999, converted from RHD to LHD.

Hi Roger,

Try this:LINK

Welcome to the club - what's your weather like?

Thanks Davrav and Anchorman. Good information. Got what I wanted to know. BTW, weather here is warm and sunny. Plenty of "eye candy" on the beach too!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

How do I enter the model of RAVs that I run??

How do I enter the model of RAVs that I run??

4.1 'HYPER-DRIVE RAV' :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a RV2QB1 GX 4/4 5Dr 2.0 VVT-M on a 03 Plate,milage is a bit heavy but its in immaculate condition,full Toyota service history,and it runs a dream,I will get a pic of it on here asap.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up a 54 plate 4.2 2.0 VVTi XT4. Only 34000 miles on the clock, bought from Minories Durham. We chopped in a P-reg 4.1 5-door for it, which was the only car moving on our estate last winter. Just got some proper snow tyres on the new one in time yesterday. :) Pics will follow.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my new baby :-) Just bought last week 04 plate

I believe a 4.2 XT3 ??? But not sure that someone has played with the specs a little as the alloys arent standard ?

rav2.jpg

• 2 years later...

Just joined this site partly because I hit this page when on a rav4 world site and saw a photo of a 1999 model convertible with wheel arch flares and typed in to get them and this came up. Very nice page Anchorman.We have 2 1999 2 door Rav4 "Max models in silver graphite shining flake (Toyotas description!). Looks better than the shamrock green(sorry to you Irish)as that still had the silver around the bottom and just does not look as good. 4 doors were in the silver or pearl white.All described on Autoweb although no pictures although if you look up carsales.com.au there are usually 1 or to available somewhere around Australia.We got 1 in Adelaide and the other came from Tweed Heads near the Queensland Gold coast nearly 2000 kms away! Any way I have a question-does any one know where you can get those wheel arch flares as shown in the first picture. I reckon they'd look great on out little "max" but were never available in Aus. Any ideas whether UK or US?

Welcome to the club.

I think the are fairly standard things. Maybe Kingo can help. He is our parts man. You can pm Parts-King.

Sorry for my ignorance Anchorman but what does it mean to "pm parts-king?"

Thanks for that anchorman I have sent him a message and will see whether he can supply to Australia. This is the vehicle we have in a 2 door http://www.carsales.com.au/car/toyota/rav4/max-badge/ with ours being all silver as looks better than the shamrock green over silver. The 5 door also came in silver and also pearl white but they never had the body kit. Only available in Aus too but to try and find those add on body parts now :disgust: not good. Just thought I would give you this link on same site too http://www.carsales.com.au/bncis/details/toyota-rav4-2012-13721814?base=&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=1216&num=15&silo=Stock&items=%5bMake%3aTOYOTA%2cModel%3aRAV4%5d&sort=default-we are still supplied rear mount spare tyres for current models whereas yours seem to have disappeared and I seem to recall you saying on another forum that its now run flats for your models. Perhaps someone needs to import some Aussie tailgates so you can put decent tyres on and a spare too!! Again thanks for you help

• 2 months later...

when did they stop making 3 doors? did 4.3 come as a 3 door?

• 5 months later...

My XTR 3 door was bought brand new mid march 2006. It was registered with a personal number plate---it has never had any problems, not even new tyres. I have had quite a few offers for it. I think these models are fairly hard to find. This is its photo when it was a youngster. a really first class and extremely useful machine. :flowers: I think you can possibly make the pic larger.

17th March to be precise. Nice motor. When did 4.3 start then cos that's a 4.2?

Dave.

Same time - March 2006. It will have been one of the run out models. A photo would be nice. It would be novel to see a 4.2 on an 06 plate!

Dave I have to correct you---I actuially bought the the car on the 22-03- 2006. This is the date I passed over the spondoodles and drove the lovely machine away from the garage. Don't know where the 17th came from?

Anchorman as I have stated the car is on a personal plate, so cannot supply you with a picture of it on an 06 plate.

The dates are correct though. I actually part exchanged a Yaris T sport---another superb Toyato motor. :flowers:

Regards EXMM

17th is showing as your "date of first registration"

You buying the car could have happened anytime later!

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links