Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How many miles or kilometres have you done - update yours?

AbuTrE

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AbuTrE

• Jukkeli

• Speed_Chaser

• mmihin1

Del.

Is that Finnish, or should I know this Del ?

DD

Don't you know him? I think you should!

Best regards, Alex

Del.

Is that Finnish, or should I know this Del ?

DD

Don't you know him? I think you should!

Best regards, Alex

Oh no, I thought Del was a girl !

No, he isn't. I'm sorry to dissapoint you. In Finland everything is different!

Best regards, Alex

No, he isn't. I'm sorry to dissapoint you. In Finland everything is different!

Best regards, Alex

I'd heard that !

• 1 month later...

69.000 km - 2 years

Chipped Auris T180 - 59 000 km today :) 60 000 km service coming up.

- Had some problemes with the rear brakes and xenon headlamps.

And I major deer-masacre last year in Finland, my mistake though :P

- Had some problemes with the rear brakes and Xenon headlamps.

How long have you ran the chip for in that mileage?

What power / torque are you running at? Any other reliability issues with clutch / flywheel / injectors / smoke?

Cheers

6 or 7 weeks and 3300 miles so er 5500kms I think

Now 11 weeks and 5800 miles so cracking on, first service will be due soon!

Booked in for its 10000mile service on Tuesday, its got 9800 miles on it now, thats 4.5 months so not bad! Oh and its getting new front tyres tomorrow hopefully :naughty:

I am going in for my 50k miles service next week, and I am at 49786miles, so that's apparently 80122km...

the equivalent of going round the circumference of earth TWICE...which means my carbon footprint is...

my carbon footprint just on the car alone is :

Total Car Footprint = 15.11 tonnes of CO2 :jawdrop:

I need to plant 16 TREES to offset it... :newyear:

:lol:

What power / torque are you running at? Any other reliability issues with clutch / flywheel / injectors / smoke?

Cheers

215 hp 500 nm, feels like the car can fly :)

I've driven 19 000 km with the chip installed. No problems so far. No smoke at all, runs perfectly. I guess clutch might be a problem depending of our driving skillz/style, my clutch is still running strong @ 59 000 km :)

I paid 600 GBP for the chip. 7000 NKR.

Cheers

215 hp 500 nm, feels like the car can fly :)

I've driven 19 000 km with the chip installed. No problems so far. No smoke at all, runs perfectly. I guess clutch might be a problem depending of our driving skillz/style, my clutch is still running strong @ 59 000 km :)

I paid 600 GBP for the chip. 7000 NKR.

Im interested in gretting my 08 auris chipped too but would i notice any difference i only

have the 1.4 d-4-d ? :lol::lol:

153000. Sixth xenon headlight unit changed(spare parts warranty rules), those ballasts are crap. At early spring I got nasty surprise, my brand new Nokian Hakka V's lost 2 mm in 5000 km, wheel angles were disturbed badly with no apparent reason. Problems with stucking (out) headlight washer jets, I'm ready to cut wires to pump if someone could help? I messed with fuses but there is some really expensive fuse rail under clear cover in engineroom's box and I closed cover carefully. Where are those wires or coupling? Auris's headlights doesn't really need any cleaning system and that stupid xenon-rule washes half a car every third time when I clean insects away from windshield...

D-CAT and fuel... In Finland we got winter fuel in winter and summer fuel in summer except Lapland, there's arctic fuel in winter, comparable to petrol. Normally my D-CAT is little shy in winter, normal function with diesels because winter fuel is a little "weaker", but after they changed back to summer quality, my engine literally died. It felt like 2.0 and smoked grey too often. I complained to fuel company (ABC) but the answer was formal blabla. I changed to other company (Teboil) and no problems.

Summa summarum, I think that I'll buy another Auris. I've tried new Ave estate but front seats are worse in Sol-class, Executive feels like Volvo in good ol' days but they're selling glass roof in that class with no alternatives and that's no good here. Auris with D-CAT engine gives more bang per Euro.

Jukka

PS AlexC, in Finland we have to use headlights/day running lights in cities too.

PS AlexC, in Finland we have to use headlights/day running lights in cities too.

It's always good to learn something new :lol: I thought they're doing it for safety reasons :o

Hmm, do you know since when has the law stated that? As some years ago it wasn't like that.

Even at Finnish border there were signs with two pictures. Inside the city - lights off, and outside

the city - lights on...

Best regards, Alex

It's always good to learn something new :lol: I thought they're doing it for safety reasons :o

Hmm, do you know since when has the law stated that? As some years ago it wasn't like that.

Even at Finnish border there were signs with two pictures. Inside the city - lights off, and outside

the city - lights on...

Best regards, Alex

I don't remember exactly, but it was more than 10 years ago, maybe 1995. I drove Hi-Lux 4WD at those days and its ugly sibling VW Taro was equipped with automatic headlights, but I had to turn switch on. That was only functional difference between VW and Toyota, they came from same production line in Germany and that specimen was the worst Hi-Lux I've ever driven. Total amount counts 6 and all others were japanese...

Jukka

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally 100000 broken. MILES. Engine runs like a charm, some Ford Probe wanted to play with me and Auris broke 220 km/h easily with well over 4000 rpm. American wannabe sports car left far behind by family diesel :-)

Valeo flat Wiper Blades are crap, driver's side started to melt and back to Bosch 813S:s...

On my vacation we packed Auris with 4 persons + luggage and I started to think about something bigger instead. New Avensis got worse seats than Auris and it's cockpit layout and ergonomy is awful, new Mazda 6 HB with 2,2 diesel seems interesting and it looks very nice compared with Ave... or Whalensis. An brand new Auris or bigger 6...

Jukka

• 3 weeks later...

51500km (mainly due to my wife wanting us to drive up north all the time).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links