Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How many miles or kilometres have you done - update yours?

AbuTrE

Finally 100000 broken. MILES. Engine runs like a charm, some Ford Probe wanted to play with me and Auris broke 220 km/h easily with well over 4000 rpm. American wannabe sports car left far behind by family diesel :-)

Valeo flat wiper blades are crap, driver's side started to melt and back to Bosch 813S:s...

On my vacation we packed Auris with 4 persons + luggage and I started to think about something bigger instead. New Avensis got worse seats than Auris and it's cockpit layout and ergonomy is awful, new Mazda 6 HB with 2,2 diesel seems interesting and it looks very nice compared with Ave... or Whalensis. An brand new Auris or bigger 6...

Jukka

Is yours chipped?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AbuTrE

• Jukkeli

• Speed_Chaser

• mmihin1

Is yours chipped?

Stock family car, just careful run-in (166000+ kms today) B) and missing air intake tube before filter, that crap piece of tube is 2 cm thinner than intake hose between filter and turbo.

I've dumped Nokian Hakka V expensive mistakes last week and driving Continental ContiSportContact now, they are at least quiet ones. Original Dunlops and Goodyear F1 asymmetric lasted a bit over 30000 kms, Nokian crap 25000 kms ( less than oil change interval ) and 205/55-16 Continental ContiWinterViking was absolute winner, two winters and over 60000 kms. 225/45-17 is wrong size, if you drive a lot. In Finland a set of 225/45-17 costs 500-800 €, 205/55-16 about 400 € in Goodyear/Michelin/Continental class. Korean and chinese tyres are cheaper, but... I've tried some winter Kumhos under my old Volvo 240, it's one of the best winter cars but that winter was scariest in my life, I've driven almost 1000000 kms with 240:s and there are a couple of winters in that period ( 12 years ). Snowy winters.

Jukka

Is yours chipped?

Stock family car, just careful run-in (166000+ kms today) B) and missing air intake tube before filter, that crap piece of tube is 2 cm thinner than intake hose between filter and turbo.

I've dumped Nokian Hakka V expensive mistakes last week and driving Continental ContiSportContact now, they are at least quiet ones. Original Dunlops and Goodyear F1 asymmetric lasted a bit over 30000 kms, Nokian crap 25000 kms ( less than oil change interval ) and 205/55-16 Continental ContiWinterViking was absolute winner, two winters and over 60000 kms. 225/45-17 is wrong size, if you drive a lot. In Finland a set of 225/45-17 costs 500-800 €, 205/55-16 about 400 € in Goodyear/Michelin/Continental class. Korean and chinese tyres are cheaper, but... I've tried some winter Kumhos under my old Volvo 240, it's one of the best winter cars but that winter was scariest in my life, I've driven almost 1000000 kms with 240:s and there are a couple of winters in that period ( 12 years ). Snowy winters.

Jukka

Thanks

What is your fuel consumption like over there in Finland with the air intake hose off? I haven't tried with the hose off but fuel consumption for me is 42 - 44mpg calculated from brim to brim. I think thats 6.4 l/km - 6.7 l/km

What is your fuel consumption like over there in Finland with the air intake hose off? I haven't tried with the hose off but fuel consumption for me is 42 - 44mpg calculated from brim to brim. I think thats 6.4 l/km - 6.7 l/km

About same numbers ( l/100 km ), that hose doesn't have any influence on consumption. It allows to rev a little higher on bigger gears and I clocked 222 km/h with navigator easily, easy numbers to remember. There were no flat spots in acceleration, just raw linear push all the time. We have speed limits here too and I think that nice little 122 km/h over allowed means about 1 year without licence and I stopped playing. Maybe local police doesn't believe their radars because combination Toyota + diesel + 222 km/h is impossible with "normal" Toyotas. Most Auris and Corolla diesels here are 1,4 and they need free falling and rocket fuel to broke 150...

Jukka

• 1 month later...

59500miles =95551km

164g CO2/km = 15.6 tonnes of CO2.

to offsett this :

6 trees per tonne of CO2= 95 trees...i think this now classes as a small forest... I shall name it the Forest of Aurissimo...

next target plant a jungle!!!

• 3 weeks later...

179000 kms.

She's running like a young girl, no faults anymore and willing to do a bit better job.

Seriously, no faults and consumption has lowered too, 6,0 - 6,5 l / 100 kms BUT I have winter tyres, Nokian 4 205/55/16 and those serious noise-makers seems to roll better than 45-series. Average speed hasn't dropped, more than 70 kms.

I think that my Auris is for sale in next months, I'll buy a younger version of her. Same specs, nothing to praise, but reliability is awesome.

Jukka

• 8 months later...

77800 miles =125200km

164g CO2/km = 20.5 tonnes of CO2.

to offsett this :

6 trees per tonne of CO2= 123trees ...

• 5 months later...

My little auris has done:

13,084 miles which is about 21,056 km

Runs like a little dream :D! And all mine now, paid the finance off

• 2 weeks later...

21km today. Just got mine. It's the 1.6 Valvematic. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

mine is 25749 km im loving the her more and more :driving:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

2007 and have done 132509 miles 212014 kms

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Toyota OC mobile app

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links