Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Window Trims Pinging Up

aquaaddict

Hi,

Just got an '99 Avensis (as per previous post), however all of the seals at the bottom of the side windows where they meet the top of the door panels (hope that makes sense), dont fit properley. Most seem to be deformed and raising at one end or another, if u push them down into place it pings up again. I suspect that they are rubber with a metal insert, and that all the metal inserts are corroded inside, is this common? I haven't dared ask the dealer how much to replace them.

The rubber on the rear window has also come out in one corner and wont stay back in, buut I suspect I could solve that by sticking down with some mastic.

Thanks

Anthony

Those moulding/seals are about £52 EACH, the clips that hold the seals down usually break away if they have been off for any reason, like paintwork

Kingo :thumbsup:

at £52 a pop i would be tempted to fix them in place with some structural adhesive tiger seal etc etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links