Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Change

MEP's Yaris GS

Hi there.

I've just done a engine service on our Yaris (oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs) and am planning on doing a coolant change tomorrow. I've done a few on Fiat Panda's, and know you have to bleed the system's after. Do you have to do the same on the Yaris? I've a haynes manual but managed to misplace it somewhere so can't look it up :rolleyes:

I assume it's just a case of removing lower Radiator hose, draining, flushing the system, and then re-filling?

Any tips or ideas would be great.

Many thanks in advanced. Jon.

Hi there.

I've just done a engine service on our Yaris (oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs) and am planning on doing a coolant change tomorrow. I've done a few on Fiat Panda's, and know you have to bleed the system's after. Do you have to do the same on the Yaris? I've a haynes manual but managed to misplace it somewhere so can't look it up :rolleyes:

I assume it's just a case of removing lower Radiator hose, draining, flushing the system, and then re-filling?

The Yaris has a drain plug on the bottom of the radiator. There is also one on the front of the engine block under the exhaust manifold.

As you say above, drain/flush/refil. You shouldnt have any probs bleeding the air out afterwards. Fill as much as you can, leave cap off and run engine while you keep topping it up until you can no longer add any more. Then refit cap and run upto temp - leave to cool and check level on header tank.

Mart :)

Hi there.

The Yaris has a drain plug on the bottom of the radiator. There is also one on the front of the engine block under the exhaust manifold.

As you say above, drain/flush/refil. You shouldnt have any probs bleeding the air out afterwards. Fill as much as you can, leave cap off and run engine while you keep topping it up until you can no longer add any more. Then refit cap and run upto temp - leave to cool and check level on header tank.

Mart :)

Many thanks Mart.

Saved me no end of trouble by the sounds of it (would never have looked for a drain plug, lol).

I assume the drain plug can be acessed through the plastic protective skirt that comes in (and under the radiator) slightly from the bottom of the front bumper?

So just to confirm, the system is self bleed. Good, sounds like it will be just as easy as the service I done this afternoon!

Thanks again. Jon.

Jon,

You should be able to undo the drian plug from above instead of faffing about underneath :)

It is at the bottom of the rad and usually on the end (passenger side) or the middle.

Mart.

Jon,

You should be able to undo the drian plug from above instead of faffing about underneath :)

It is at the bottom of the rad and usually on the end (passenger side) or the middle.

Mart.

Many thanks Again, didn't manage to get it done today, was to tired and ended up falling asleep :P

Is there a thanks Button/function on TOC?

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does any know, what happens if the car has a little coolant and more de-ironsed water in there???? Is the car ok to drive?

I tired to add more coolant... but ended up adding more water without checking how much i was adding at the time.. and i haven't got the time to change it right now.

I'm guessing at some point it will be a matter of draining the coolant.. but its not something that will happen straight away, so will it be ok?

Thanks

:blink: (confused??)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links