Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D~4d V Petrol?

ArthurPewty

Hiya again...my 2nd post in 20 minutes :)

Just wondering how much better (if it is better) the Yaris D~4D would be compared to a 1.3 petrol model for example... petrol is about 12p per litre cheaper than diesel at the moment my 1.5 TS gets about 34 mpg , i am guessing that a 1.3 petrol would get about 40mpg and maybe a diesel would get 50mpg!

Also is the diesel really a smooth engine, would i really notice the difference?

Do you think its worth paying maybe £1500 more for the equivalent D~4D model?

Any replies and advice is welcome :D ... thank you.

Hiya again...my 2nd post in 20 minutes :)

Just wondering how much better (if it is better) the Yaris D~4D would be compared to a 1.3 petrol model for example... petrol is about 12p per litre cheaper than diesel at the moment my 1.5 TS gets about 34 mpg , i am guessing that a 1.3 petrol would get about 40mpg and maybe a diesel would get 50mpg!

Also is the diesel really a smooth engine, would i really notice the difference?

Do you think its worth paying maybe £1500 more for the equivalent D~4D model?

Any replies and advice is welcome :D ... thank you.

I haven't tried the 1.3 VVTi, but the 1.0 feels a bit underpowered.

I have a D-4D 'tho, and it is very nice to drive. I suspect the 1.3 VVTi has better/smoother acceleration (If you are trying to accelerate hard, the D-4D feels a bit laggy until it hits about 1500-2000+RPM then you suddenly get a load of power!), but under normal driving the power delivery is very smooth.

On the motorway it's very nice to drive; Power delivery is smooth and instantaneous which makes overtaking a breeze.

Brakes are good, fuel economy is excellent.

Engine sounds very much like a diesel when idling (~800RPM?) but once it picks up it's almost like a petrol engine (Well, until you get near the redline where it starts vibrating a lot more)

The D-4D costs more, but your car tax will be a lot less (D-4D is £35; VVTI's are £120!) and although diesel costs more than petrol, a tank of diesel will last longer so you end up spending less on fuel.

It does smell 'tho, esp. if you are idling without moving for any amount of time...

No smells with my diesel and average 57mpg - mainly short journeys.

Tested all models, diesel best for my needs and easier to drive as more low speed torque over 1500 rpm.

1.0 bit underpowered: diesel very relaxed to drive.

No smells with my diesel and average 57mpg - mainly short journeys.

Tested all models, diesel best for my needs and easier to drive as more low speed torque over 1500 rpm.

1.0 bit underpowered: diesel very relaxed to drive.

Hi my D4D T-Spirit is a 2005 model with 20,000 on the clock and i do a round trip to and from work of 60 miles a day

on dual carriageway and single carriageway "A" roads whilst keeping to speed limits.

My consumption averages out to 65 M.P.G. If i go easy on the throttle i can get 70 M.P.G.

I work out fuel consumption by filling the tank to the brim on every fill up and then working out how many miles done to the quantity of fuel used (forget using computer trips etc as they are notoriously unreliable and can give wildly inaccurate info - this is the proper and most accurate way of working out a cars consumption).

I like "Madasafish" tested petrol and diesel variants of the Yaris and I.M.H.O the Diesel was and is a nicer, smoother running and quieter (when on the move) drive than the petrol versions.

Ive had the D4D now for four months and its proved to be the best car i have owned up to date (been driving different cars for 40 years).

Hope my thoughts and opinions are of help ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links