Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d 2003 Cold Start Problem

pero2

Hello Guys,

I am having the same problem with my Corolla D4D 2002. I don't think that is the starter as after few attempts the engine starts. When I turn the starter I could hear it turning, but the engine doesn't crank. Then from the second attempt cranked then third doesn't or the other way around. At the end it starts. I am going to garage tomorrow to check what is wrong. I think that fuel filter or glowing plugs.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Tiho

hello

whether black smoke is appeared after several attemps? what about the smoke colour after is has been started?

when the fuel filter was last changed? What about injectors last serviced? I do not ask for a glow plugs now.

Cheers/Igor

There is no black smoke after eventually start the car. The smoke that is coming out look normal as it was before this is what I mean. What colour has to be? I changed the fuel filter 3000 miles ago. I believe that the injectors have been served 13000 miles ago when I bought the car, but I can't be sure of course. I think to go to change the glow plugs.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Thank you

Tiho

Hi Tiho

we are here to assist each other.

when cold started - a minor smoke might be appeared.

Do not believe that all injectors were tested unless you have done it by you (!)

re - glow plugs --- they work only at cold starting and being switched OFF by a relay after engine stable running.

i deem your problem is connected with injectors testing.

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor,

I didn't want to sound rude if you felt so, please accept my apologies.

I think you might be right as the starter is turning, but the engine doesn't crank.

And yes, I haven't tested the injectors. I don't think that I can do it myself.

I would go to a local garage on Monday to ask them how much would cost me to do so.

Thanks

Tiho

hello

yes it is definitely in order to test all the injectors - one'd have both wrenches and fuel testing stand provided with feeding wire for solenoids.

this is deemed to be done by workshop.

cheers/Igor

Igor

Thank you. I am going to take the car to a friend who is mechanic. I would go to local garage to check the injectors.

Tiho

good luck

Igor

Hello Igor,

The problem was the drive pinion of the starter. I called local Toyota dealer and the quote for a new one was £330. Big joke, it made my day. Then I found a shop where I gave my starter to be reconditioned. It is working now without a failure and I have paid £63.25 for the repair. It took them 2 hours to do the job.

Thank you very much for all help.

Tiho

Hello Guys,

I am having the same problem with my Corolla D4D 2002. I don't think that is the starter as after few attempts the engine starts. When I turn the starter I could hear it turning, but the engine doesn't crank. Then from the second attempt cranked then third doesn't or the other way around. At the end it starts. I am going to garage tomorrow to check what is wrong. I think that fuel filter or glowing plugs.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Tiho

hello

whether black smoke is appeared after several attemps? what about the smoke colour after is has been started?

when the fuel filter was last changed? What about injectors last serviced? I do not ask for a glow plugs now.

Cheers/Igor

There is no black smoke after eventually start the car. The smoke that is coming out look normal as it was before this is what I mean. What colour has to be? I changed the fuel filter 3000 miles ago. I believe that the injectors have been served 13000 miles ago when I bought the car, but I can't be sure of course. I think to go to change the glow plugs.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Thank you

Tiho

Hi Tiho

we are here to assist each other.

when cold started - a minor smoke might be appeared.

Do not believe that all injectors were tested unless you have done it by you (!)

re - glow plugs --- they work only at cold starting and being switched OFF by a relay after engine stable running.

i deem your problem is connected with injectors testing.

cheers/Igor

Hi Igor,

I didn't want to sound rude if you felt so, please accept my apologies.

I think you might be right as the starter is turning, but the engine doesn't crank.

And yes, I haven't tested the injectors. I don't think that I can do it myself.

I would go to a local garage on Monday to ask them how much would cost me to do so.

Thanks

Tiho

hello

yes it is definitely in order to test all the injectors - one'd have both wrenches and fuel testing stand provided with feeding wire for solenoids.

this is deemed to be done by workshop.

cheers/Igor

Igor

Thank you. I am going to take the car to a friend who is mechanic. I would go to local garage to check the injectors.

Tiho

good luck

Igor

Hello Igor,

The problem was the drive pinion of the starter. I called local Toyota dealer and the quote for a new one was £330. Big joke, it made my day. Then I found a shop where I gave my starter to be reconditioned. It is working now without a failure and I have paid £63.25 for the repair. It took them 2 hours to do the job.

Thank you very much for all help.

Tiho

that's OK now

have a nice drive

Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links