Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension / Brake Noise:

bw10030

Hi all:

can someone shed some light on the following: 2005 Yaris T Sport, has always (from new) suffered from a noise from the rear wheel area, e.g. when

getting in. Sound like a noise from the suspension, or brakes, only does it when weather dry. So far dealers have replaced discs and pads all round (6 months ago), suspension drop links, and gone around with an oil can, but the noise is back.

Today they suspect 'the shoes' need changing. Now the rear brakes on the T Sport are discs with 'pads', but are there handbrake shoes as well (or am I being told a tall tale), and in the views of you splendid people out there, is this likely to be the cause (I'm out of warranty now . . . . ). I guess it is conceivable that when getting in the car the suspension compresses, and the wheel could try to turn and thus cause a noise, but I'd like to know a bit more before parting with some hard earned cash!

Opinions?

Many thanks in advance

Try and get in the car without the handbrake on and listen if it squeeks. Or apply handbrake, open hatch and push down or place a weight in the boot.

Incidentally, my SR does this a bit if passengers get in the back and the handbrake is on.

Hope this helps a little. ;)

Yeh Raeman is right, it does it for my Tsport too and its totally normal soon as the handbrake is applied the squeaks will go quieter ;p

Cheers chaps, doesn't make a noise with handbrake off (must remember to take out of gear before starting . . . . ), so it is that. Why can't the dealer fix it though?

Cheers chaps, doesn't make a noise with handbrake off (must remember to take out of gear before starting . . . . ), so it is that. Why can't the dealer fix it though?

Probably cause the dealers want to rip you off and charge for unecessary work?? :angry:

They might have known all along what the problem was!! :rolleyes: .......Not saying their ripping people off of course!! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links