Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 2.2 D4d Avensis 30k Service Cost?

flyamo

Hi my car is due for servicing soon, im just wondering what i should pay for a 30K service, ive been quoted £174 from Charles Clarke in Wolverhampton, is this reasonable? Also what is included in it.

I work in Manchester, does anyone have any cheaper experiences up North.

What is the lowest you have paid for this service?

Regards

Amo

To flyamo,

I have a feeling your 30,000 mile service is a minor service carried out at odd numbers rather than a major service carried out at even numbers ie: 20, 40, 60,000 (cambelt service) mile service. I am quite sure it involves engine oil change & general run over of car to check for defects, should any be found service manager should notify you as to faults. You will then decide if you wish further work carried out. I suspect also your car would be plugged into Toyota computer to create diagnostic log to shown any potential electrical component problems. Not being resident in the UK, i cannot really comment on price, but it is always worth ringing around for best deal or to find dealership with BANG - ON reputation. Or atleast that's how we service cars in our dealership.

Regards, Beagh.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies, as i had no conclusive answers on costs, i will update you all and say that my 30K service cost me £115- including a free ECU upgrade, and had my headlamps replaced due to the misting issue.

Amo

Hi my car is due for servicing soon, im just wondering what i should pay for a 30K service, ive been quoted £174 from Charles Clarke in Wolverhampton, is this reasonable? Also what is included in it.

Regards

Amo

HI THAT sounds ok and it should include oil,oil filter,air filter,fuel filter and a bit of tightening up and checking of bush's shocks etc. Over in N.Ireland I have paid almost £300 for same.

Thank you all for your replies, as i had no conclusive answers on costs, i will update you all and say that my 30K service cost me £115- including a free ECU upgrade, and had my headlamps replaced due to the misting issue.

Amo

You say that you were originally quoted £174, but the service ended up costing you £115, or was that at a different place?

Regards

Amo

HI THAT sounds ok and it should include oil,oil filter,air filter,fuel filter and a bit of tightening up and checking of bush's shocks etc. Over in N.Ireland I have paid almost £300 for same.

You dont change all of the above on a 30k service.

Mart.

To flyamo,

I have a feeling your 30,000 mile service is a minor service carried out at odd numbers rather than a major service carried out at even numbers ie: 20, 40, 60,000 (cambelt service) mile service. I am quite sure it involves engine oil change & general run over of car to check for defects, should any be found service manager should notify you as to faults. You will then decide if you wish further work carried out. I suspect also your car would be plugged into Toyota computer to create diagnostic log to shown any potential electrical component problems. Not being resident in the UK, i cannot really comment on price, but it is always worth ringing around for best deal or to find dealership with BANG - ON reputation. Or atleast that's how we service cars in our dealership.

Regards, Beagh.

You wont get a diagnostics check on a service. Diagnostics usually seperate and charged at 0.5hrs if required (if out of warranty).

Mart.

Speaking of services any one got the service schedules for the avensis they could send me/direct me to? All going well I am shortly going to be getting a 2007 2.2D with 15k ish on it and just want to check whats involved for the 20k and 30k services as I expect to hit those not long after getting it. And while I am at it if anyone has any ball park figures for the 20k service? Before anyone say I know I should phone the dealers but not many are open at 9pm at nite to make that call.

Cheers Folks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links